Home

Pure Pool Announced For PS4, Teaser Trailer and Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Pure Pool Announced For PS4, Teaser Trailer and Screenshots Included within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pure Pool Announced For PS4, Teaser Trailer and Screenshots Included

From the makers of Hustle Kings and Pure Chess, Voofoo Studios has announced it is developing Pure Pool, which arrives on the PSN Store sometime in 2014.

Check out the Pure Pool teaser trailer right here and read the full press release below.

The insanely talented team at VooFoo Studios and indie publisher Ripstone have joined glorious forces once again, to bring you the second iteration in the ‘Pure’ game series! Pure Pool will be breaking onto PlayStation®4 in 2014 and is set to serve up the most authentic pool experience on the market.

Let the makers of Hustle Kings transport you to the slick and exhilarating world of Pure Pool . Forget everything you know about Pool games thus far because VooFoo are taking things to a whole new dimension! Experience a living, breathing, connected Pool Hall from the convenience of your own home and indulge in VooFoo’s spectacular visuals and signature, super-smooth gameplay.

Pure Pool will be the second of VooFoo's ‘Pure’ titles to hit the PSN Store after the launch of Pure Chess back in May 2012 – renowned for its stunning visuals and classic gameplay.

Phil Gaskell, Ripstone’s Creative Director had this to say on the series:

”Hopefully the announcement of Pure Pool today demonstrates that we're working hard with VooFoo to build a strong family of Pure games, and there's more to come. What's important though is the expectation gamers will have, titles like Pure Chess and Hustle Kings are visually stunning and we're aiming to help VooFoo deliver a world class game in Pure Pool that I hope will go beyond those expectations and really blow people's minds!”

Players will be able to step straight into the climactic Pool Hall and immerse themselves in unprecedented hyperrealism. Whether you’re planning to weigh up the competition and hone your skills or rack-up and compete against the best – Pure Pool is the closest you’ll get to the real thing, without leaving your living room. Connect. Spectate. Compete.

Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
The only thing I can say about having a ps4 with NO NEW RELEASES IN SIGHT and hearing about Billiards coming to next gen is...........I care.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
I certainly hope this isn't going to be a full-priced $60 game. I mean, how much replay value can there be for video game pool?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
The only thing I can say about having a ps4 with NO NEW RELEASES IN SIGHT and hearing about Billiards coming to next gen is...........I care.
Haa. I've been thinking the same thing recently about upcoming new releases. Only thing I'm excited about, which I just found out about yesterday, is the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition coming out late Jan. Sucky part is that I just bought the PS3 version a few months ago for $20 but I barely did much in it so that's a good thing. I'll find a way to get something back for it.

As for this game, won't be getting it. Done with pool vid games. Barely touched my Hustle Kings on PS3.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
I so want this game to have a Need for Speed: Most Wanted type of stupid storyline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0
if you need a job try this site JOBS61 (dot)¢øm. Dan does it at home and makes $28.98 hourly just sitting and typing stuff all day...No experience needed too
Old 12-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Pure Pool Announced For PS4, Teaser Trailer and Screenshots Included

Wow, people in here hating on a pool game. Slow news day?

I love me some pool. Take my money.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Pure Pool Announced For PS4, Teaser Trailer and Screenshots Included

Can't wait for this game, Pinball, and maybe some other games like Texas Hold Em.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »