Home

Powerstar Golf Review (XBox One)

This is a discussion on Powerstar Golf Review (XBox One) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Powerstar Golf Review (XBox One)

Hey fellas. After the review, I've continued to play this game a ton and fall more and more in love with it with every round. Anyone with an Xbox One and a passion for the game of golf deserves to give this one a shot.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

Last edited by BenGerman; 12-11-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Hey fellas. After the review, I've continued to play this game a ton and fall more and more in love with it with every round. Anyone with an Xbox One and a passion for the game of golf deserves to give this one a shot.
Completely agree.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never struggled at badly at putting as I do on this game. I mean I get a bogey every hole because I miss short putts
Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

This game gives the appearance of rendering the whole course. Is it possible to hit you ball into an adjacent fairway without being declared out of bounds? Do you ever see golfers on the other holes as you play? I think it would be a nice atmospheric touch if they showed life and action on other holes, or even up ahead of you on the hole you're playing.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I've never struggled at badly at putting as I do on this game. I mean I get a bogey every hole because I miss short putts
I struggled a lot too, especially in the early goings. My best tips? Play with someone other than the Rocket guy and get a new putter. The stat makes it so that even when you do hit a putt on target, you're going to miss sometimes. Not to mention, I'm almost positive the meter moves slower when using a better putter.

Quote:
This game gives the appearance of rendering the whole course. Is it possible to hit you ball into an adjacent fairway without being declared out of bounds? Do you ever see golfers on the other holes as you play? I think it would be a nice atmospheric touch if they showed life and action on other holes, or even up ahead of you on the hole you're playing.
Onlooker, I'm honestly not sure. It definitely has that look to it, which is great. I'll be honest, as bad as I am at this game, it's REALLY hard to hook or slice one that badly. I've hit quite a few hazards, but I've yet to hit the wrong fairway.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #22
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

This game is quite challenging. Im loving it. As far as putting, I always try to hit my approach shot so that im putting uphill. Putting uphill is much easier.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #23
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Just shot -7 with Frank on the back 9 of City Park, Elite Difficulty. Easily my best round thus far. I eagled #7 and birdied 8/9. My previous record for nine holes was -4, and -5 for eighteen holes (and that was on normal difficulty).

It helps that I have Frank set up with some of his unique clubs, but this game has otherwise been really challenging for me. I've yet to gold star anything beyond Rocky Ridge, and the challenges on Emperors Garden are killer.

I've loved a lot of stuff that has come out on next gen, but this is probably my most played title thus far.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #24
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I haven't laid hands on an XBox One (or PS4 for that matter), nor played PowerStar Golf. Interesting to read that it's still holding up for you Ben. I'm sure if I bought an XBox One, it would be a day one purchase for me, along with Forza 5 and NBA 2K14. Ironically, this 3-click, arcade golf game it will probably be the only golf title to come along for either next-gen console until EA Sports new PGA Tour game is released in what I'm figuring will be March of 2015. It seems to be filling a niche though....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »