Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Heh. We added vague "technology", adjusted shot timing windows, blocks, tweaked a camera, and wrote six paragraphs about it.

Only EA can turn a minor patch into an entire blog entry.
well people were complaining that all it said was minor bug fixes. so they made it more detailed.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
well people were complaining that all it said was minor bug fixes. so they made it more detailed.
Yes, they were detailed-- about minor bug fixes.

The other game had like 4 pages of itemized fixes for their patch. EA needs to be showing that kind of effort in a game that needs so much help.

I suppose a content delivery system is cool, but it's not really anything to get excited about until there's actually content to deliver (we've been through this with the other game too).
Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yes, they were detailed-- about minor bug fixes.

The other game had like 4 pages of itemized fixes for their patch. EA needs to be showing that kind of effort in a game that needs so much help.

I suppose a content delivery system is cool, but it's not really anything to get excited about until there's actually content to deliver (we've been through this with the other game too).
maybe there werent that many glaring issues to fix? the biggest complaints ive seen about this game are the graphics and animations. so they have laid the groundwork for updating those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

very impressed..

this game along with Fifa gets the most play time. so much fun!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

I just finished the MIL @ CLE match-up on superstar/ 12 min (no accelerated) and won 104-92 as cavs. I noticed the game play seemed to flow a lot better and there wasn't a lot of dead air with the commentators like some have mentioned. I was able to draw more shooting fouls than ever before (13-20 ft) so that was nice to see. One thing I hope they work on is the lack of responsiveness with offensive rebounding..the players seem to jump way after the ball as been grabbed. Gets a bit annoying lol. Overall, It felt different and I had fun while playing sim style. The subtle changes seemed apparent which is good. Keep it coming EA.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really cool - the toned down block shots are VERY noticeable and that makes me a very happy gamer. It also makes me feel confident that they will be able to patch the PIP issue.

Great job, EA. Live is the only game that will be getting my money next year. If you would have told me that a month ago, I would have laughed at you.

Last edited by JoeDog10; 12-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2
How quick we are to forget.... smh. This is why EA gets away with EVERYTHING! I still stand firm on "I will believe when I see it". EA has great trick marketing and I am not falling for it until they actually deliver.

If they have created a new LIVE update system like they have described that would be a real game changer and I hope would set an example for other EA sports titles like Madden, FIFA etc... however like I said before I will believe it when I see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
How quick we are to forget.... smh. This is why EA gets away with EVERYTHING! I still stand firm on "I will believe when I see it". EA has great trick marketing and I am not falling for it until they actually deliver.

If they have created a new LIVE update system like they have described that would be a real game changer and I hope would set an example for other EA sports titles like Madden, FIFA etc... however like I said before I will believe it when I see it.
Thanks for the feedback, bspang2. We hope you give the game a shot and keep telling us what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »