Home

OS 2013 Editor's Choice Awards: What Games Stood Out?

This is a discussion on OS 2013 Editor's Choice Awards: What Games Stood Out? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS 2013 Editor's Choice Awards: What Games Stood Out?

Every year there are games which don't win our Sports Game of the Year Award which are deserving of individual honors of some kind. Starting with this post, we will be awarding games a special Editor's Choice Award each year to signify the best of our genre. While Editor's Choice games will signify the best our genre has to offer, but they won't necessarily be the highest reviewed games but rather they will be the games which will leave the biggest lasting impression upon the genre.

Games which innovate, offer something new and exciting, and games which offer good experiences for a great price all are things we look for in our Editor's Choice award. With that said, here are our 2013 Editor's Choice Award Winners:

Powerstar Golf (XBox One)
Great arcade golfer, a hidden gem amongst the next-gen launch titles.

FIFA Soccer 14 (PS4/XB1)
Our next-gen sports game of the year, did so much right it has to get this honor too.

Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2 (PC)
A wonderful text-sim for the sport of college basketball.

Football Manager 2014 (PC/Mac)
The annual giant delivered perhaps its best simulation experience yet.

NCAA Football 14 (360/PS3)
The last in the franchise, also the best ever in the franchise.

NBA 2K14 (360/PS3)
The next-gen game may be prettier, but the current-gen version launched and worked out of the box.

New Star Soccer (Mobile)
A highly addictive mobile Soccer career mode game.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 (PC/Mac)
The baseball management sim behind so many failed relationships.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (360/PS3)
The best version of Tiger yet featuring all four majors and the brutally realistic simulation mode.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013 (PS3)
The Japanese Baseball game from Konami which matches the Show in most areas.

Dynasty League Baseball Online (Web-Based)
A deep browser based simulation game for baseball fanatics.

Super Stickman Golf 2 (Android/iOS)
The most addictive golfing game you've played, with a unique twist on the sport.

MLB 13 The Show (PS3)
Our current gen GOTY for good reason, improvements abound.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC)
A unique kart racer which was actually quite fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
I pretty much agree with this list.

Notably the major sports titles;

FIFA SOCCER 14
(Next-Gen) - Definitely a very good next-gen game that is enjoyable and still sticks to it's core values on which it was built on. I was surprised how much I enjoy playing this game. Definitely deserving of Next-Gen GOTY.

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 - This game has always been better than Madden in my eyes, and this years version was no exception. Very sad that this game won't make the switch to Next-Gen.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14 - What more can you ask of a golf game? This series has had it's ups and downs, but this version was definitely on point. (I'm just not into golf like that)

NBA 2K14 (Current-Gen)
- Totally agree on this one, current-gen is the best basketball sim I have ever had the pleasure of playing. 2K got everything right this time. On the other hand, Next-Gen was rushed, I feel they should of waited a few months before they released it for Xbox One/PS4. Also the lack of custom stadium music on Next-Gen is a real disappointment for me. I have all my custom sounds on my Xbox360 and it just drives the whole NBA experience home for me.

MLB 13 THE SHOW - The Show has been GOTY on my list for years now. No one is doing it like The Show, in all aspects.....gameplay, sound, game modes, pure simulation, graphics and all around fun factor! This game has constantly delivered year after year. And frankly has not gotten the true love it deserves. The Next-Gen version will blow us away!!!!

Good Job OS!!!

Last edited by KingofATL; 01-08-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

OVR: 1
Love the list, well done, but I'm guessing MLB 14 The Show is a typo? Should be 13.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
My last pay check was $9566 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do... Buzz19.cℴm

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »