Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
MyCareer:
MVP's need to be recognized at the end of All-Star game & Rising Stars game (trophy please). It shouldn't have that, "just another game," feel. That goes for the Conference Finals, Finals etc...
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

I second this post.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Just started!

Gameplay:
- Improve team mate AI
- Directional passing needs to be improved
- Guards should be able to easily get by big men
- Take out long, annoying animations.
- Lower the amount of blocked shots
- Team mates help for no reason and leave people open for 3.
- Players with high layup and offensive awareness ratings should be able to automatically protect the ball from a defender if he is about to get blocked instead of just going up with the same lay up and getting rejected

MyCareer
- More diverse, less scripted story line.
- Have a currency exclusive to MyCareer so people can't just buy a 99 overall.
- Have team mates do basic fundamentals e.g not leaving people open for three, box out, not letting their men to the paint so easily.

MyTeam
- Make legend packs only able to be purchased with MT points so that people cant just buy ridiculous amounts of vc to get a legend and so people who aren't willing to pay aren't disadvantaged.
- Increase difficulty.

MyGM
- Add more features

- Not sure if it's just me but there is a huge button delay while playing online which makes it almost unplayable. I dont have the same problem with EA games like madden and fifa.
- Better, dedicated servers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
Rookie

CPU VS CPU in MyGM, its not that hard to do...it was in there when the game shipped. I don't want to play everygame, its nice to see how the team you built plays without me controlling them. Its frustrating. I don't want to play every game or sim every game...no other option.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Balance the PARK (or whatever its going to be next year) with some defense.....for once can we have something that nullifies posterizer! I wasted 7,500 VC points for the useless LOCKDOWN DEFENDER thinking that this would've been useful at The Park.

Setting pick logic needs to be redone...I HATE seeing a guy standing in no mans land setting a damn pick...this has been around far too long in the series.

REBOUNDS...this needs to be addressed as well
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
Rookie

BucksFan5Covers's Arena

OVR: 2
Since my player is such a huge part of game I think some sort of game face system should be implemented. Just like EAs. Oh and the fact that there is only one voice in my career is kind of stupid.

Last edited by BucksFan5Covers; 01-07-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

1. Bring Back Local Saves: This would include the ability to have numerous saves of each type (i.e. eight roster saves, three franchise modes, two MyPlayers, etc.).

2. Bring Back Create-a-Player: In addition, provide update to dated create-a-player model. New haircuts, new facial hair, the ability to add masks, the ability to add goggles, etc.

3. Bring Back Manual Saves

4. Bring Back ReelMaker with YouTube Upload Capability

5. Overhaul on-court audio samples: This includes the sound of slam dunks, missed shots, made swishes, made almost-swishes (touching the back rim on the way down), crowd response, and more (thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tmosphere.html).

Also, from the linked thread above, it'd be cool to see the NBA's newer rims that flex and breakaway slightly to the sides make it into the game (as in the Nate Robinson dunk clip).

6. Return a Sense of Realism to MyPlayer Mode: Some aspects of MyPlayer that I do not feel match NBA 2K's typical simulation mission statement:

A. Players being paid in gold
B. Mime teammates
C. Near immediate rise to incredible stardom
D. Having to use significant portions of salary to purchase accessories (and different colorways of those accessories)
E. Every, single career featuring the same exact storyline of a player rising from the street courts to the NBA

Some aspects of MyPlayer that I feel would restore a sense of realism that's consistent with what gamers have come to expect out of NBA 2K's quality simulation product over the years:

A. Players paid with real money
B. The re-introduction of the Draft Combine, Summer League, Training Camp, and D-League
C. Varied career paths that do not always lead to earning a starting job after 20 regular season games
D. Spending money only on things that'd actually cost money (i.e. not paying to alter one's shot release)
E. The ability to choose one's jersey number, even after being traded or signing with a new team
F. The game recognizing and choosing the correct jerseys for your team (ex: Sunday night alts). If nothing else, allowing the gamer to make the correct choice.

7. Steer MyGM Back Toward Reality: Some of the new implementations of MyGM have potential to move the franchise mode forward. However, I feel a few of the new additions are completely out of place and are inconsistent with an NBA basketball simulation. Namely, I feel the "leveling up through earning VC" to be almost completely off-base and almost entirely divorced from any semblance of real-life front office replication.

8. Bring Back Franchise Control Options: This includes 30 team control, forced trades, jersey options, complete freedom to run an NBA league as we saw fit.

9. Full Fleshing Out of Classic Jerseys: I feel finally completing the collection would allow gamers a more fully customizable experience that'd keep a large portion of the NBA fanbase engaged and locked in (fans of classic teams and fans of creating teams). Speaking of creating teams...

10. Bring Back Create-a-Team. Enhance it: Provide the ability add city names or team names across the jersey breast. Implement a thorough court-editor (similar to NCAA College Hoops 2K8).

11. Add More Classic Teams: There's a dedicated faction of basketball gamers thirsty for any sort of classic team improvements. Classic teams are real NBA teams that have existed and are very much a part of an authentic NBA experience. Even if rights acquisitions are difficult, there's many recent classic teams (comprised largely of current players or classic players already in the game) that'd make wonderful additions (2007 Warriors, 2000 Raptors, 2008 Celtics, 2006 Suns, 2000 Lakers, etc.).

12. Provide ability to edit player's shorts length: Primarily for the sake of classic team customization

13. More freeing ability to assign correct accessory and shoe colorways
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
ALL saves to the HDD. Please do away with VC in MyGM. Crazy that I have to use VC to change the rotation of my team.
This, first and foremost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »