Home

NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

NASCAR® '14 Is Coming to Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 system and PC on February 18

700,000+ Votes Counted - Fans Selected Tony Stewart, Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion To Appear On The Cover

Check out the NASCAR '14 Official Tony Stewart trailer here and 8 new screenshots here.

Deep Silver announced today that the racing game NASCAR '14, developed by Eutechnyx, will launch in North America on February 18, 2014 on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for the suggested retail price of $49.99. Pre-order offers at Walmart, Gamestop, Best Buy, Target and Amazon may include diecast cars, exclusive paint schemes and more.
Fueled by high-octane intensity and the opportunity to relive the best NASCAR moments from both the 2013 season packed into the game plus regular downloadable content updates as the upcoming season progresses, NASCAR '14 offers fans the most complete NASCAR® experience yet.

Recently NASCAR revealed that more than 700,000 votes were cast worldwide in the "Drive for the Cover" contest as fans voted Tony Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion to appear onto the cover of NASCAR '14. The injury that kept Stewart off the track didn't stop fans of the driver of the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops / Mobil 1 Chevrolet for Stewart-Haas Racing from beating another fan favorite, four-time champion Jeff Gordon. Stewart plans to return to the track for the Daytona 500 race in February, the same month NASCAR '14 hits store shelves.

"Deep Silver is releasing the best NASCAR racing experience yet to hit video game consoles," said Deep Silver Inc. COO, Geoff Mulligan. "Fans will soon be able to compete in recent high profile races, experiencing the exact same conditions the real drivers faced. With an aggressive post-release content plan, NASCAR '14 is a game NASCAR fans can enjoy all year long."

"With a February launch date, NASCAR '14 will make a great racing season companion for NASCAR fans," said Blake Davidson, NASCAR vice president of licensing and consumer products. "If history repeats itself, the new cover recognition for Tony Stewart will serve as a good luck charm as he heads back on the track and Smoke rises again."

About NASCAR '14
It's your turn to immerse yourself in the full-throttle thrill of the world's most exciting motor sports racing series in NASCAR '14. Take the wheel from your favorite driver and participate in the race week experience complete with practice, qualifying, and race day challenges. With your favorite personalities and replays, NASCAR '14 is the authentic NASCAR experience for fans.
  • NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of "NASCAR Highlights" to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where exact condition of the cars, the weather is the same and track positions are identical - the only difference is you!
  • Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
  • Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
  • Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
  • Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.

NASCAR '14 will be on store shelves on February 18, 2014 and is rated "E" (for Everyone) by the ESRB.

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game was complete trash last time it was released. Buyer BEWARE!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Well, I wouldn't say it was complete trash. The 2011 version needed a lot of work. Inside Line was better but online still had issues from what I am told (I only played offline). I really liked the DLC for Inside Line but it cost $25. I'm in no hurry to get this but will wait for reviews and a price drop.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I should add that it looks like they are finally trying to tie this game to the NASCAR schedule to make it relevant for that particular season -- that is definitely a positive. The fact that the game is being released at a $49.96 price point, though, is interesting and may suggest that the game does not have enough new features to justify a normal starting price point. Who knows?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
This game was complete trash last time it was released. Buyer BEWARE!
I hate to say but you are correct.... They are so close to having one heck of a game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

I saw this, started a reply, deleted it, came back, started another, deleted it, etc.

I have a very tough time with this. The developers have my respect, as they at least TRY to make the game better. It's not like they just push shovelware out the door and try to rake in the money.

The problem I have is I think they just don't understand how to do it properly on a fundamental level. It's like a bunch of old school WWF wrestling fans in the deep south putting down their popcorn and looking over their beer bellies, deciding to make a game about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Sure, they're both in the same general area (contact sports), but they have such fine nuances that trying to get them all right is very difficult. I think Eutechnyx is probably much better suited to making road racing games and other stuff like that. I just don't think that they have shown me anything to lead me to believe that they know how to make a NASCAR sim feel believable.

To this day on PC, I still have issues like setting the fuel to 4x wear, and when everybody has to pit halfway through a race, a few cars manage to NEVER have to stop. They still brake check, they still have weird lines and not enough awareness of the player (or too much awareness, causing pile ups when they erratically maneuver at the last second). Oval racing is so dependent upon momentum and proper lines and tire wear, and coming over from road racing where you can be aggressive from corner to corner and make up ground, the heritage shows through.

I hope it's better, and I'm sure it will be improved over what came before, but I know when I get it, I'll be getting exactly what I expect...a weird interpretation of NASCAR, seen through the lens of an alien. It will resemble the sport, sound like the sport, and look a lot like the sport, but there will be details the more I play that irritate me the more hours I spend playing it.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Any word if this is coming out for next gen consoles?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
hgg
Rookie

hgg's Arena

OVR: 0

Will 14 be available for European xbox360 this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »