Home

NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Working

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Working within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Working

While reading poloelite's latest blog and checking Twitter mentions, I wanted to gauge the community on any recent and/or lingering issues they have been having with NBA 2K14 on Xbox One and PS4. 2K Sports should communicate these sorts of issues a lot better than what they have been doing on social media and other venues. Communication is key here, customers are feeling ignored.

Please list the console you are having the issue on and explain in detail what isn't working correctly. I'm not talking about a gameplay bug or issue, I'm specifically talking about blue screen CE errors, being kicked back to the dashboard/main menu, not being able to load up certain modes or corrupted game saves.

I want to get as much feedback as I can here and forward it to the right people. Based off the mentions of many 2K Twitter accounts, it's safe to say a lot of people aren't happy with the support they are receiving.

I'm also going to tweet this out, get feedback and update this post as necessary. Below are just some of the recent tweets I've received.
  • MyCareer keep sending me back to the dashboard on Xbox One. @RobRodgers__
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm, still getting kicked back to menu when I try to load. @nolanrabine2
  • I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted. @el_suavacado
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm can't play. Sends me to main menu..And ThePark sometimes won't load up. @BeastNinja11
  • mycareer game crashes always at the same point, after eastern conference final game 7. I'm tired, sold the game yday. XB1 @Serchenko9
  • XBOne, myGM+seasons - you CAN start and play,but the next time you load you're getting to the xb-homescreen @stipeNBG
  • X1, haven't been able to make a new MyGM or season without it kicking me to the main menu and deleting my saves. Bout 3 weeks now @calvins0ne
  • Since November on X1, that Online league literally last a day to mere hours. Started up a 28 user lg..handful of games played..2 hrs later dead. @MistaWelcome
  • can't play my player, game loads up than boots me directly back to X1 dashboard. All that time wasted @kidyungn
  • PS4. MyGM mode. Can't alter the details of a contract offer to a free agent. Stuck with the offer that appears. @DavidLSwan
  • PS4, freezes at menu before entering any mode, freeze during exhibition gms offline & still cant start mycareer due to server error @bubbacroft8
  • X1, I basically have a game that doesn't work. start a MYGM or MyPlayer it wont save & kicks u to home screen, can only do quick match @MikeyMike329
  • PS4, yep, mycareer throws me out b4 you go 2 showcase gm & regular gms freeze anywhere from intro to 3rd quarter. yes, tried reinstall @bubbacroft8
  • everytime i play my gm its sims like 2 weeks comes up says saving and boots me to main menu #XboxOne @drewbie_22
  • Xbox 1 can't play MyGM or MyCareer without it kicking me back to the main menu @ChicagoLarry23
  • On X1 digital download I can't even get the game to play 9 out of 10 times. I just get a blank black screen. @AdamMTrujillo
  • PS4, after i play the first game in the second season. After the press conference it freezes loading back to the mycareer menu @aksports11
  • everytime I go to my career to load my save and quit game it crashes to the Xbox home. Over 2 weeks can't play park or my career @J_NYK_914
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGM get kicked to main menu every time..been like this for over 3 weeks,haven't heard squat from @2KSupport @DTAN33
  • XB1, my gm and my player kick me out to the main screen without even entering a bball game, lost saves and won't saves. @ajworthen
  • mycareer kick back for past 3 days. no fix in sight. xbox1. my favorite game and for 2nd time in 2 months it's rendered useless @PartyPokered
  • PS4, I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted @el_suavacado
  • For 2 weeks on X1, I can't play MyGm or MyCareer and also MyTeam won't load the player avatars on the cards @Fonzi93
Written by: Steve Noah
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 01-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Corrupted Saves, Can't Get Into Modes, Etc. in NBA 2K14, Give Us Details

Not sure if this is one of the "Gameplay issues" you mentioned but playing online is simply impossible. It takes 1 second for the reaction after pressing a button. On-Ball defense is impossible, timing shots aswell. For me the online game modes are simply not playable and this has been since before patch #3. It's not about my TV or my internet. It's about the servers since many players experience this too.

I addressed them to ronnie2k and the 2ksupport myself but got ignored. Hope you can address this issue aswell. I would love to finally enjoy some online matches.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

When I insert the 2k14 disc and Lebron title screen shows followed by video sequence, I cannot skip introduction. then I get to menu screen and I'm unable to select game mode
Old 01-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
When I insert the 2k14 disc and Lebron title screen shows followed by video sequence, I cannot skip introduction. then I get to menu screen and I'm unable to select game mode
Please specify Xbox One or PS4.

FYI, if you are on Xbox One, the Kinect camera has to see you and log you in. I had that issue as well, until I figured it out. If that is not your problem, just update the details. Thanks.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Please specify Xbox One or PS4.

FYI, if you are on Xbox One, the Kinect camera has to see you and log you in. I had that issue as well, until I figured it out. If that is not your problem, just update the details. Thanks.
Sorry Xbox one..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

XB1 - Cannot play MyCareer or MyGM at all. They both kick me back to the Main Menu (both new AND existing saves). I am also unable to delete any existing saves, I can highlight and hit the delete button and they will disappear, but they always come back when the Main menu loads again.

Edit: Been happening since mid December

Last edited by LegendarySJ; 01-16-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Crreation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendarySJ
XB1 - Cannot play MyCareer or MyGM at all. They both kick me back to the Main Menu (both new AND existing saves). I am also unable to delete any existing saves, I can highlight and hit the delete button and they will disappear, but they always come back when the Main menu loads again.
I have the same problem.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Xbox1 MyGM will send you back to the main menu. It doesn't matter if you're starting a new game or have a previous existing file. When the game tries to save/load, it sends me back to the main menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »