Home

More Teams and Players Getting Head Scanned into NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on More Teams and Players Getting Head Scanned into NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
They will be implemented in the next installment of the Nba Live series lmfao Nba Live 15 lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid251
They will be implemented in the next installment of the Nba Live series lmfao Nba Live 15 lol.
Actually, a lot of the head scans are already in...
Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 48
My thoughts on the Head Scanning: What the hell where the devs thinking when they released the game with the garbage graphics; in the first place? Wasn't this done like months back before the game was to be released? Who is in charge of the graphics department? This whole NBA LIVE 14 project looks like it was thrown together at the last minute; and then showcased as a "Next-gen", "Triple AAA", game! Which it clearly isn't!
I just want to know one thing; Who decided to release the game the way it is? One name; as it always comes down to one person; regardless of the votes in the room? The game clearly needed to be released as an Arcade game; and forfeit the $60 price tag.

cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Updated OP. Boston Celtics players have been scanned in.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
I Don't think head scans are going to save this game.
I think, the prospect of creating a brand new game engine from scratch is out of the question, it would take years with no guarantee of success after the investment. Their current game engine, the animation system, and the player models etc, being recycled from previous generations is going to keep the game behind 2K forever. EA sports is really in a no win situation, the player faces being scanned in is a start, but the overhaul needed to become a viable source of competition is no where on the horizon. I wonder if anyone will post before and after screen shots of the player faces in LIVE for comparison.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: More Teams and Players Getting Head Scanned into NBA Live 14

I'm taking some pictures of the "worst" faces that I'm seeing, Kanter, etc. Once the face updates are implemented, I'll try to do a few comparison pictures.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #15
Rookie

Re: More Teams and Players Getting Head Scanned into NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
I think, the prospect of creating a brand new game engine from scratch is out of the question, it would take years with no guarantee of success after the investment. Their current game engine, the animation system, and the player models etc, being recycled from previous generations is going to keep the game behind 2K forever. EA sports is really in a no win situation, the player faces being scanned in is a start, but the overhaul needed to become a viable source of competition is no where on the horizon. I wonder if anyone will post before and after screen shots of the player faces in LIVE for comparison.
I agree with your post! In my opinion they should save these scans for Live 15 instead of putting them in Live 14. They need to save as much of their budget for Live 15 as possible. They have put a huge question mark on their future by not making Live 14 a true next gen experience. All of the excuses have run out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7
Meanwhile at 2K sports...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »