Home

More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

This is a discussion on More Details Emerge About The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

The HB Studios team is busy answering questions in their official forums right now, with several details coming out about their upcoming Golf Sim. We're hoping the HB Studios guys get on OS soon to do the same.

From the tone of the developers and reps answering questions, it seems as if The Golf Club will be a digital title with regular updates to add new features. It was mentioned that while PC Support will be initially supported (along with PS4 and XBox One), the team was going to look into the Mac platform as well.

Here are some more details:

-Tours and Tournaments can be created and shared with the world.
-No AI players, any competition will be with ghost balls/other user players.
-Game will be quickly iterated after release, makes you wonder what the business model will end up being.
-No PS Move/Kinect support initially.
-Swing mechanics are analog stick driven.
-No career mode.
-Everyone has the same attributes, so no advancing of skills or anything like that.
-Can’t set club distances, preference was to have everyone compete as equals.
-At the moment, no officially licensed gear appears to be in the game.
-All Fictional Courses
-Every created course is rated on a 1-10 scale by users and can be stored as a favorite.
-Each course is rated from Easy to difficult based upon how users are playing it.
-Three ways to play: Stroke play, match play, four ball.
-No difficulty modes. Since its you and the course, your difficulty mode is the difficulty of the courses you decide to play.
-You can start with a completely blank slate and create courses one hole at a time.
-No arcade features like power boosts, etc. Goal is to give a simulation golfing experience to users.

What do you all think of the game thus far?
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Typically golf games aren't my thing, but this sounds pretty interesting.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Sounds fantastic!!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
I love the now arcade power boosts, all straight sim is cool. My only question is the difficulty. If someone starts to master the analog shot mechanics I could see the -20 par rounds come quickly. I hated that part of Tiger.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

It looks like an impressive feature list for a game that's not trying to break the bank doling out licensing fees. I think we'll have some faithful replicas of familiar courses in due time, but what I've seen from the fictional courses the developer has created from the same course designer we'll be using, I don't think I'll be disappointed while the famous courses in being developed by amateurs like myself. I've already got Quail Hollow on my "to do" list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

would have liked to play a career mode
Old 01-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
It looks like an impressive feature list for a game that's not trying to break the bank doling out licensing fees. I think we'll have some faithful replicas of familiar courses in due time, but what I've seen from the fictional courses the developer has created from the same course designer we'll be using, I don't think I'll be disappointed while the famous courses in being developed by amateurs like myself. I've already got Quail Hollow on my "to do" list
I always feel like one of the best tests of the robustness of a course creator is Spyglass Hill....if you can do a good representation of that track, with crazy elevation changes, oceanside cliffs, rocky outcroppings, and odd man-made objects (randomly placed fences, etc.), you've got a pretty powerful course designer on your hands...

I would really like for this to have a limited "social" requirement...I'm a bit concerned that there seems to be more of a focus on this aspect than I'd like, but let's wait and see how it turns out.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
nah.... i love playing golf games, a lot of fun, very competitive... but this game has nothing... its like, an arcade version of golden tee... which is an almost arcade version of golf! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »