Home

NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #113
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
Give them some time............they've been aware of the majority of these problems for at least a month? How much time do they need? Like I said.....copout.
How long do you think it takes to fix this stuff...are you a programmer, how familiar are you with networking, or anything it takes to make a video game? Some of this stuff I imagine could take months to figure out/fix. Your copout argument is lame. But I digress...I am contributing to the demise of this thread, so I will stop.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
How long do you think it takes to fix this stuff...are you a programmer, how familiar are you with networking, or anything it takes to make a video game? Some of this stuff I imagine could take months to figure out/fix. Your copout argument is lame. But I digress...I am contributing to the demise of this thread, so I will stop.
To be fair, MrMBrown isn't putting out "the #1 sports game of all time", charging consumers $60 and reaping the financial benefits. With great power comes great responsibility. They have the power covered but are slacking on the whole "responsibility" aspect.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #115
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
To be fair, MrMBrown isn't putting out "the #1 sports game of all time", charging consumers $60 and reaping the financial benefits. With great power comes great responsibility. They have the power covered but are slacking on the whole "responsibility" aspect.
Completely agree. But don't call my thoughts a 'copout'. If you want to bash 2K games as a whole for releasing a product that wasn't thouroughly tested and remains incomplete then knock yourself out. But, to be fair to those working diligently on the game - I think the expectations of a single patch to be the saving grace for all the game's problems is outlandish. Now - if there are still significant gameplay issues this time next month without another patch to address them...I will be on the same side of the fence as MrMBrown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bha, XB1 crash to dashboard is still there, random disconnection issues are still there, playing myteam still is a nightmare with those bugs, so I'm waiting the damned fix for them.....
Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #117
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarp
Bha, XB1 crash to dashboard is still there, random disconnection issues are still there, playing myteam still is a nightmare with those bugs, so I'm waiting the damned fix for them.....
Sorry to hear that. Plan on logging on this evening to see if I run into any of these issues.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #118
Rookie

BrianTX's Arena

Any word on when the PS4 update will be available?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #119
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
Completely agree. But don't call my thoughts a 'copout'. If you want to bash 2K games as a whole for releasing a product that wasn't thouroughly tested and remains incomplete then knock yourself out. But, to be fair to those working diligently on the game - I think the expectations of a single patch to be the saving grace for all the game's problems is outlandish. Now - if there are still significant gameplay issues this time next month without another patch to address them...I will be on the same side of the fence as MrMBrown.
The question is quickly becoming -- how many patches will they have to put out and how much time should consumers give them before the "give them some time" excuse fails to hold any weight.

The 2nd patch was the big one, correcting major problems with the main modes of the game. Afterwards, I expected the 3rd patch to smooth over the gameplay and really help the fluidity of the overall product.

But they, instead, focused on more cosmetic alterations.

With the game playing so poorly right now, I am finding myself less and less patient and giving those like MrMBrown more and more credence.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #120
Banned

I started playing after Christmas after all the main issues had come up but have yet to have the issues with freezing, not loading, getting kicked.

If people are still having these issues then you need to 1st try a new start. Basically start a new MyCareer or MyGM and see if it still freezes and boots you out. It is very possible that your original game files are just broken/corrupted and will be forever.

If that doesn't work I saw someone mention about removing any files related to 2k14. Files, pictures, saves, install features. Uninstall NBA2k14. Then re-install and start again

I would think that would resolve the issue. Because the PS4 is essentially a Operating System(not sure if it has a registry or not) now and 2k14 is a program that gets installed. Sometimes when a program because corrupt on a PC you have to start from scratch, especially if new patches are available. I just have an odd feeling most are just getting the patch and trying to use the same old files with the same results and freaking out(I could be wrong)

Keep in mind this wont help with Server slowness and issues with things missing but I'd think this would help with the freezing. If it doesn't are you sure you PS4 isn't causing the issue? Are you playing other disk based games and they work fine?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »