Home

Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
No, of course not. Any time you win a championship your team is a success. We might have expected more, but they have definitely been a success.

Any Knicks fans wanna chime in?

And Golden State is the best option for Lebron IMO.
Lebrons best landing option depends on what he is looking for. Does he want to go to the place where he can make the most money? Go to the place where he has the best chance to win for the remainder of his career? Or does he want a little of both, most money with the best chance to win? Also does location matter to him? The spotlight big city like LA, back to a small market like cleveland? Lebron can do whatever he wants. And whatever team he goes to will be a contender.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
Rookie

Phillyboy57's Arena

OVR: 0
There is a possibility the Big 3 get split up. If they never win another it probably seen as a failure because of D. Wade's knees. They did a lot in a few years give them credit. Lebron might leave after this year if he sees that Wade can't do it no more since thats the reason he went to Miami to play with Wade.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Then LeBron and company would understand JUST how great those Bulls and Lakers teams were that 3-peated and won several titles overall. It's a very very difficult task.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Re: Sports Daily: What If The Heat Never Win Another Title?

i dont call it a failure by any stretch. but i dont know if tbeyll threepeat. if we wanna use history, the lakers lost in six to the celtics, then won in 5 against the magic, then in 7 to the celtics. pretty much exactly how the heats three finals appearances went. of course that history means little to nothing, but four strait finals appearances is quite hard to do. if theyll do it, i really dont know, but the odds are somewhat against them this year.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #13
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

IMO, I strongly believe that LeBron will re-sign along with Wade & Bosh. Although I don't know him personally, I think that LeBron is in the best situation for him in terms of family and friends, culture and lifestyle, marketing, and championship contentions. We all know for a fact that D-Wade isn't going anywhere and the bond that those 2 share is so inseparable that I think it will be the deciding factor in LeBron's decision. Though Wade isn't what he use to be, I still think he has a few more years left in him. Furthermore, there aren't many teams that LeBron can join that will be better than what he has now. The closest would be the Bulls, but the injury of Rose is far more concerning than Wade's. Also I think the bridge has been completely burnt between Dan Gilbert and LeBron and the trade for Deng was possibly an indirect message to LeBron saying "We don't want you".

I have a hunch that the Big 3 will all opt out of this year and re-sign at a discounted price (similar to when they all got together). They're at the point in their careers where they don't care about the money and would rather give the financial flexibility for Riley to after guys to replace the Ray Allens and the Shane Battiers, whom will both probably contemplate retirement.

Last edited by vtcha; 01-30-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't see Lebron opting out just yet. Remember he has two player options. I think he sees out his contract until 2016 before making a decision.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #15
MVP

They'll unfortunately be looked at as a failure by some idiots who don't realize they went to 3 straight nba finals, won 2, went on the 2nd longest streak in history, and had such a huge impact on the league. If they don't threepeat however, I don't think they can be looked at as a great, all time team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think the Heat win another title. I understand how much of a beast Lebron is but at the end of the day he is human. His body will eventually break down and he will be unable to do the things he's relied on for his entire career.

Dwyane Wade knee's are shot. I doubt he's even in the league anymore 2 years from now. The Big Three Era will be over pretty soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »