Home

More Info on The Golf Club

This is a discussion on More Info on The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: More Info on The Golf Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Fingers crossed the a "normal" shot is not a straight shot (though I fear it will be since the devs are indicating they want equal footing for all players). Professionals do not hit the ball straight. I'm not saying they try to Bubba Watson every ball but many of them basically rely on a draw or a fade (to their advantage and disadvantage at times depending on the way particular holes/courses play). Some bend the ball more than others but none of them are trying to hit the ball straight with any regularity. Only Mario Golf, Hot Shots, and the most recent Tiger Woods games have gotten this right, as best I can remember. It's a shame since one of the difficulties of course management is fitting natural shot shape to different holes.
Trying to emulate the swing path of a IRL Golf swing on a 1/2 inch analog stick of a gamepad is not an easy thing to do and may be very unnatural for many users to pull off. The only way IMO to emulate an actual swing is by utilizing the Move and Kinect assuming the newest versions of these are far better than the previous ones. You WILL be able to shape your shots using stance and ball placement.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #10
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERACE
The developers stated that you will be able to "shape" your shot the way the pros do by adjusting your stance. I never liked the way it was done in TW14 with the diagonal swing. For me, it seemed too unnatural and contrived.

-MERACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Trying to emulate the swing path of a IRL Golf swing on a 1/2 inch analog stick of a gamepad is not an easy thing to do and may be very unnatural for many users to pull off. The only way IMO to emulate an actual swing is by utilizing the Move and Kinect assuming the newest versions of these are far better than the previous ones. You WILL be able to shape your shots using stance and ball placement.
Forgive my inability to communicate effectively (in part because terminology is far from definite) but these posts misunderstood my point and are not addressing what I was talking about.

I am talking about ball flight itself--from pre-shot resting spot of the ball to where the ball strikes the ground upon landing. I am not talking about swing mechanics, whether they be click-based or mouse/stick-based, or shot shaping options. What I am saying is there should be no such thing as a straight shot because golfers do not attempt to hit straight shots. As in, there should be mandatory draw or fade to every shot because every shot inherently draws or fades (unless, essentially, a shot is a mistake).

The ability to add draw or fade via shot shaping options assumes some sort of baseline shot shot, which I hope is not straight. Swing mechanics are irrelevant to this discussion IMO, as are the ability to alter shot shape via pre-shot setup. This is fundamental, and something which most golf games have gotten wrong.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #11
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

All of these Masters commercials popping up on ESPN has my yearly golf itch needing a scratch; as it normally does this time of year.

I seriously can't wait for this to drop :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »