Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next-Gen within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

Un-friggin-believable.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #18
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Arrives For 360 & PS3 on April 15th, No Plans For Next

Some screens:

Old 02-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #19
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
The next gen games already have the world cup in them. My pro was selected to play in it in the first year on ps4. Then I was selected and won the tournament the next time it was held. Which was three or four years for those wondering. They worked international friendlies into the whole schedule and as a manager you can apply to coach the national team. Believe me the world cup is already on next gen.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #20
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Some arenas may not be there but the tournament is.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #21
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

Seems a strange decision not to release on next gen thats for sure and feel for those who will now miss out.

On the positive side, World Cup 2010 remains one of my favourite ever games and I still play it occasionally even now. I didn't like Euro 2012 at all so I am glad we will get a fully (or nearly fully) licensed standalone title this time around. Does seem odd though that Ea couldn't even produce a dlc for next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #22
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
This is a stupid move by EA but it could show they have already lost faith in their "Ignite Engine" that powers the next gen games. Their excuse of saying there are more PS3/360 owners so there wasn't a need to make a next gen version doesn't hold water because why did they feel the need to make next gen versions of FIFA/Madden/NBA Live (exclusive to next gen)/UFC (exclusive to next gen)? If they are so worried about which system has more owners then they wouldn't have made any of those games and especially wouldn't have made 2 of those next gen only.

Telling people who own the PS4/XB1 to just play FUT in FIFA 14 shows that it's just a cash grab in every sense.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #23
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
This is a stupid move by EA but it could show they have already lost faith in their "Ignite Engine" that powers the next gen games. Their excuse of saying there are more PS3/360 owners so there wasn't a need to make a next gen version doesn't hold water because why did they feel the need to make next gen versions of FIFA/Madden/NBA Live (exclusive to next gen)/UFC (exclusive to next gen)? If they are so worried about which system has more owners then they wouldn't have made any of those games and especially wouldn't have made 2 of those next gen only.

Telling people who own the PS4/XB1 to just play FUT in FIFA 14 shows that it's just a cash grab in every sense.
Great point. No next-gen, no buy for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade

You are reading way too much into this....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »