Home

NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/11

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/11 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/

To tell the truth all I'm worried about is their progression for Live 15. Hopefully their budget for Live 15 helps them upgrade this game next year into a true next gen experience, so it can bring excitement back to video game basketball with options. They cannot afford any more missteps. Sean O' Brien you left Canada to move all away down to Orlando,FL to see this franchise go through chaos again?

Last edited by shutdown10; 02-08-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/

I thought we were told this game was built from the ground up?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Did he ever comment on the decision to not include roster management?
I didn't hear him mention anything about roster management or player editing, nor did he mention more consistent roster updates, were we expecting too much from this title update? :-(
Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Same here. After the troubles with 2K next gen this year we would hope Live could be serious competition, but their track record hasn't been good for years either. To me there's no shame in copying what 2K has done well and adding your own spin to it.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Availabl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
I didn't hear him mention anything about roster management or player editing, nor did he mention more consistent roster updates, were we expecting too much from this title update? :-(

Yeah, it's all kind've tied together too...

We're at the halfway point in the season and Granger is still starting for the Pacers, (HOPEFULLY Gallanari isn't still starting for Denver, hadn't checked)

While it's fairly easy to adjust lineups before the game manually, the A.I doesn't take into consideration that you've adjusted the lineup and won't sub them back in after subbing them out...

Just very odd not to have roster management in a game in '14.....I'm almost positive they'll include it in next years game though

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-08-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They were not honest about what engine they were using. Clearly they used things from past Lives like animations, sounds, and commentary. They mainly used from Elite 11 and Live 13. I got a chance to play the full copy of Elite 11 and I have no doubt that animations, sound(rim), and commentary(Breen, Van Gundy) were taken from that game. If they cannot maximize that engine for Live 15 to reach it's full potential then they need to find another engine.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #23
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
They were not honest about what engine they were using. Clearly they used things from past Lives like animations, sounds, and commentary. They mainly used from Elite 11 and Live 13. I got a chance to play the full copy of Elite 11 and I have no doubt that animations, sound(rim), and commentary(Breen, Van Gundy) were taken from that game. If they cannot maximize that engine for Live 15 to reach it's full potential then they need to find another engine.
If so then what is supposed to be the Ignite Engine? I'd like to know from the devs. Ignite was shown and said to be the new engine for EA Sport games but then in the interview it's said that they continued from Live 13, something isn't right.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #24
Rookie

i just bought this game. people keep forgetting Rome was not built in a day. it gonna take time to get the game where consumers feel that it can compare to the 2k series. but any true nba fan will buy both just because you can never get enough basketball experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »