Home

Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
The guy has the right to do what he wants. People that are trying to make him feel bad are *******s.

What is he a slave? Does he have to do what someone else says? No

If he wants to do it he'll do it. Dunk Contests are stupid anyway it's too easy to unimpress due to every dunk already being done.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

Lebron would not lose the dunk contest. Don't forget the fans vote for the winner. Lebron would win just of the "OmG Lebron bE $o gud" crowd.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I am probably in the minority here but I honestly believe that lebron hasn't entered a dunk contest because he is afraid of losing. He is a great dunker, especially in games, but I don't know if he is capable of doing something spectacular in the dunk contest. He does dunks with ease and force but you need creativity and finesse in a dunk contest to win. Whenever I see his warm up dunks I think "thats good but nothing that hasn't been done already". Recent winners like blake griffin, nate robinson, derozen, dwight howard, gerald green all put on a show and performed or attempted some dunks that we either never saw before, never saw in the nba before, or simply weren't expecting.

I don't see lebron being able to live up to the expectations and I think wade had a comment that alluded to this. If lebron entered the dunk contest and performed dunks like these we would be like "ohh...that's it?" He would need to pull some kind of vince carter type of display that blows our minds and anything short of that wouldn't be enough.
Amen, i agree completely....he doesnt like losing, hes a child with that, remember when he got dunked on, they didnt want the footage to be put out there...sad really. But im good with the days of old mj, nique , dee brown, VC even kobe wasnt afraid of cmpetition.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I think he made it hard on himself when he declared LeBron James is going to enter the dunk contest next year, then renegged on it for no reason.

Since then people have been on him.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
LeBron doesn't skip the dunk contest because he's afraid of getting hurt... he skips it because he's afraid of getting beat by some relative nobody.
Exactly what I think too. Its better with little to unknown players in my opinion. Creates more stars for a star driven industry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think someone that has been in the NBA Finals 4 times and lost 2 has no 'fear of losing' a dunk contest
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

A real practice dunks video:

Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I just people would stop hyping up everything the man does. They were going on about it during the OKC/Portland game last night and Webber was orgasming over LJ's dunk in the Phoenix game.

Personally, I'd rather see lesser known talents showcased during the All-Star weekend than getting blasted by the same familiar faces that we see the rest of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »