Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

These players don't look next gen, the hair and beards do but the players don't

And the jerseys look terrible still, that picture of Pagan.....

Also the walls at Fenway aren't the right color

Idk, i just hope the final version looks a lot better

Everything they have announced so far has been excellent, and it's only going to get better, but I feel like the graphics are a let down so far.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Everything they have announced so far has been excellent, and it's only going to get better, but I feel like the graphics are a let down so far.
I'd wait until some actual video comes out of the PS4 version. Its a WIP and frankly I'd rather they focus on getting the performance nailed down first, then start to add in visual enhancements. These shots don't look that impressive, I'll give you that, but in motion the game may look a lot better than you think. Just seeing things like the crowd and having a hard time finding two similar models (I maybe found one guy that I think shows up twice) makes the jump to PS4 worth it.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #11
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'd wait until some actual video comes out of the PS4 version. Its a WIP and frankly I'd rather they focus on getting the performance nailed down first, then start to add in visual enhancements. These shots don't look that impressive, I'll give you that, but in motion the game may look a lot better than you think. Just seeing things like the crowd and having a hard time finding two similar models (I maybe found one guy that I think shows up twice) makes the jump to PS4 worth it.
As for getting the performance nailed down first, i don't think that's really a reason for the graphics to not be better, just look at all the other next gen games' graphics, i was honestly expecting graphics like nba 2k.

And yeah i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the game in motion, because i know it will do it more justice than photos.

Also the last part about making the jump to ps4, i'm not even thinking about that. Already a done deal for me, and without a doubt, i'll be getting this game release day and playing it non stop for months.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #12
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I like this becaue I (only a few shots though-- I'll reserve final judgment until more is released) agree with you that the jerseys and players bodies still look identical to CG.. Which if they indeed do look NG, then this game will not be rivaled by any (graphics wise).
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #13
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
I like this becaue I (only a few shots though-- I'll reserve final judgment until more is released) agree with you that the jerseys and players bodies still look identical to CG.. Which if they indeed do look NG, then this game will not be rivaled by any (graphics wise).
Definitely, if the player models and jerseys looked next gen, this would be the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. But they don't unfortunately.

Not yet anyways.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
As for getting the performance nailed down first, i don't think that's really a reason for the graphics to not be better, just look at all the other next gen games' graphics, i was honestly expecting graphics like nba 2k.

And yeah i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the game in motion, because i know it will do it more justice than photos.

Also the last part about making the jump to ps4, i'm not even thinking about that. Already a done deal for me, and without a doubt, i'll be getting this game release day and playing it non stop for months.
Getting the performance nailed down absolutely affects the graphics of the game. If you can't hit your performance goal, you bump down the AA, lower texture and shadow resolution, alter your shaders, etc. People who play PC games will let you know what sacrifices they make in order to secure a solid 60 fps on their machine.

I'll grant you that artistic creations could improve, hand-made beards, jerseys, etc. But there I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that the final game in motion will make these screenshots look terrible.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #15
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Getting the performance nailed down absolutely affects the graphics of the game. If you can't hit your performance goal, you bump down the AA, lower texture and shadow resolution, alter your shaders, etc. People who play PC games will let you know what sacrifices they make in order to secure a solid 60 fps on their machine.
I agree with that, what i was saying was, i guess i just thought the graphics were a given to look amazing. I don't see it as an either/or scenario where you give some graphics to better some performance aspects.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #16
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I agree with that, what i was saying was, i guess i just thought the graphics were a given to look amazing. I don't see it as an either/or scenario where you give some graphics to better some performance aspects.
I was hoping jerseys would look more life like and less playdohy like.. Those jerseys in the sample pictures do not look like they'll move like they should when a player is in motion.. 2K had this years ago.. Soo figured this would be in.. And the jersey types as well (baggy, etc; for both tops and pants). Hopefully, the pictures are just older.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »