Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
I was hoping jerseys would look more life like and less playdohy like.. Those jerseys in the sample pictures do not look like they'll move like they should when a player is in motion.. 2K had this years ago.. Soo figured this would be in.. And the jersey types as well (baggy, etc; for both tops and pants). Hopefully, the pictures are just older.
Same, i think this was what i was most looking forward to with the ps4, better looking jerseys. And different types of jerseys (baggy, normal, tight) as well as unbuttoned jerseys.

Looking at this picture, the sleeves on his jersey should not being pointing out like that, if someone has their arms in that position their jersey sleeves will be hanging down around the arms (kind of hard to explain).

I just really hope there are improvements made before the game is released.

Edit: looking at this picture again, those sleeves look soooooo bad.

Last edited by Factzzz; 02-13-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 30
I definitely still don't like how the player faces are looking. Thought they would be much better textured by this point. About 2mos or so, give or take a couple weeks, away from this game is going gold. Still time but still. After being blown away by NBA2K14, I would think Sony's first party team would have the player models looks more nailed. I still want to get this for more than how the players look but not being a huge baseball fan, the looks have been a big draw for me.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #19
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I definitely still don't like how the player faces are looking. Thought they would be much better textured by this point. About 2mos or so, give or take a couple weeks, away from this game is going gold. Still time but still. After being blown away by NBA2K14, I would think Sony's first party team would have the player models looks more nailed. I still want to get this for more than how the players look but not being a huge baseball fan, the looks have been a big draw for me.
Going by 2K... I'd say their player models look better.. But until I see more, I will not worry that much.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I was hoping jerseys would look more life like and less playdohy like.. Those jerseys in the sample pictures do not look like they'll move like they should when a player is in motion.. 2K had this years ago.. Soo figured this would be in.. And the jersey types as well (baggy, etc; for both tops and pants). Hopefully, the pictures are just older.
pics are just older. exactly. come May, we're gonna be blown away. (BUT remember this IS still a video game, there's only SO MUCH life like and realistic you can get). have expectations, but make them logical
Old 02-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11
My thoughts on "these" compressed picks was very underwhelming..... I was expecting a lot more. Hopefully when I see some higher rez shots, they will give me the wow factor. As of now, it just looks good but not blowing me away as I was hoping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #22
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I like this becaue I (only a few shots though-- I'll reserve final judgment until more is released) agree with you that the jerseys and players bodies still look identical to CG.. Which if they indeed do look NG, then this game will not be rivaled by any (graphics wise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Definitely, if the player models and jerseys looked next gen, this would be the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. But they don't unfortunately.

Not yet anyways.
did you guys read this part? I wouldn't worry so much about the player models and jerseys. I would worry about how to occupy your time until April 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

We have just posted some MLB 14 The Show screenshots. All of these are from the PS4 version. We have been told the compression killed them and they hope to release super hi-res shots later.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 AM   #23
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
For me Mike Napoli's beard looks weird for some reason, Now when they showed Jason Werth's beard in the 1st trailer it looked good, IMO
Exactly what I was mentioning and the best I can explain it is , it looks like a glued on beard we used to use when acting in high school with spirit gum .

Almost like a ZZ top thing but on second thought maybe its a old build ? As Napoli almost looks like a ps3 model with a ps4 beard if that makes sense but its very disturbing/distracting to me especially if it looks like its moving when standing still .

As far as the lighting goes I hope its better than the ps3 as I always thought it was overdone when introduced and also distracting as it could be way to bright in day or dark at night .

EDIT: I see many have said the player models look last Gen but the Hair and beards look Current Gen so my question is was this game just ported from the ps3 and then all the things they couldnt do on the ps3 do to tech limits they added on with the ps4 more less as a base ?

I would have liked all new player models from scratch that would have complimented the PS4 s power to the limit but then couldve the roster share from year to year be possible ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-14-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #24
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

The leather looks so soft!

First time I've ever seen that in a video game. Looking forward to more screens!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »