Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

That makes three of us.
Years ago....I didn't mind having to work around certain aspects of games in order to make a single player season work.
(I'm drawing a blank right now on the PC game that was basically a single game experience...I would make the matchups and keep the standings!)
I just can't justify that now with other options available.(I realize that it's not as limited as mentioned above)
Strat is awesome...but this would have been my first choice.
Hoping for an update eventually.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
Well, this is certainly the best baseball simulation out there.

You get detailed batting, detailed fielding, detailed pitching, detailed weather, detailed park....realism across the board.

You get a pretty an extraordinary online community, where you can play unique draft leagues, greatest teams leagues, and multiple daily greatest team tournaments (that take between 1 and 2 hours) each day to complete. There is a robust facebook community that supports this game and contributes to suggestions, and an ownership group that actually responds in the same day to concerns and suggestions.

I understand the season solo replay issues....and I believe the ownership group is working on this. As a guys who graduated through Atari Baseball, Intellivision Baseball!, Intellivision "Computer" Baseball!. "Computer League Baseball (forgot the name, the first fairly robust CP disk game)", Earl Weaver Baseball, Tony LaRussa Baseball, Diamond Mind, OOTP....to this...to me the online interaction trumps with other real live players, and the ability through using the highly customizable COMPUTER MANAGER when I can't "LIVE" head-2-head against other team owners makes this a much better experience.

I've probably played a couple thousand computer seasons solo, and while they were enjoyable, nothing compares to being able to play and compete against someone who makes better decisions than anything ever created as an Artificial Intelligence. There's people on the site I honestly don't like....and they probably don't like me. Honestly I think that's a good thing. There's a real emotional investment into the action. The quick action tournaments, and the competition therein, along with the season long and greatest team tournaments, makes this an experience I think is certainly worth the investment.

I for one was one of the guys that liked to replay every day of a season. With every single season I played, it was too easy to beat the computer. Random number generator be damned, it was too easy. Maybe some positive reinforcement is good, on some level. But it's not very gratifying.

You won't find that here. Hopefully you'll probably enjoy that more. If you can't play every series in a league...set up the computer manager. It's much more robust than Diamond Mind. When you can play against a live opponent, more than likely you'll find a much more robust and thrilling challenge than just "beating the weak AI".

There isn't pretty graphics..there isn't animation...but there is an unequaled amount of interaction. And something that actually looks, feels, and plays like real baseball would play. If you join and play the Greatest Team Tournaments Daily, don't get a team with very good left-handers. My favorite teams have a little bit of weakness against them.

APaul
Torn_cuff
Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #19
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torncuff
Well, this is certainly the best baseball simulation out there.

You get detailed batting, detailed fielding, detailed pitching, detailed weather, detailed park....realism across the board.

You get a pretty an extraordinary online community, where you can play unique draft leagues, greatest teams leagues, and multiple daily greatest team tournaments (that take between 1 and 2 hours) each day to complete. There is a robust facebook community that supports this game and contributes to suggestions, and an ownership group that actually responds in the same day to concerns and suggestions.

I understand the season solo replay issues....and I believe the ownership group is working on this. As a guys who graduated through Atari Baseball, Intellivision Baseball!, Intellivision "Computer" Baseball!. "Computer League Baseball (forgot the name, the first fairly robust CP disk game)", Earl Weaver Baseball, Tony LaRussa Baseball, Diamond Mind, OOTP....to this...to me the online interaction trumps with other real live players, and the ability through using the highly customizable COMPUTER MANAGER when I can't "LIVE" head-2-head against other team owners makes this a much better experience.

I've probably played a couple thousand computer seasons solo, and while they were enjoyable, nothing compares to being able to play and compete against someone who makes better decisions than anything ever created as an Artificial Intelligence. There's people on the site I honestly don't like....and they probably don't like me. Honestly I think that's a good thing. There's a real emotional investment into the action. The quick action tournaments, and the competition therein, along with the season long and greatest team tournaments, makes this an experience I think is certainly worth the investment.

I for one was one of the guys that liked to replay every day of a season. With every single season I played, it was too easy to beat the computer. Random number generator be damned, it was too easy. Maybe some positive reinforcement is good, on some level. But it's not very gratifying.

You won't find that here. Hopefully you'll probably enjoy that more. If you can't play every series in a league...set up the computer manager. It's much more robust than Diamond Mind. When you can play against a live opponent, more than likely you'll find a much more robust and thrilling challenge than just "beating the weak AI".

There isn't pretty graphics..there isn't animation...but there is an unequaled amount of interaction. And something that actually looks, feels, and plays like real baseball would play. If you join and play the Greatest Team Tournaments Daily, don't get a team with very good left-handers. My favorite teams have a little bit of weakness against them.

APaul
Torn_cuff
Gonna have to disagree. Still for me, until they get solo replay, it's a non starter. Simple as that. I don't have the time nor the flexibility of schedule to play in leagues. It's Solo Replay of bust for me.

Until that time, OOTP and PC Replay Baseball will continue to get my baseball dollars.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Most of what needs to be in place is now completed for solitaire season replays with options for a friend (s) to join too. Basically it will work the way the current Commissioner tools are set up for Private draft leagues except you will be able to assign a computer manager to a team instead of a friend.

The first multi-player real time season replay league just launched with 30 people playing each team from the 2013 season.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #21
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Most of what needs to be in place is now completed for solitaire season replays with options for a friend (s) to join too. Basically it will work the way the current Commissioner tools are set up for Private draft leagues except you will be able to assign a computer manager to a team instead of a friend.

The first multi-player real time season replay league just launched with 30 people playing each team from the 2013 season.

As soon as it's in, I'll be the first to subscribe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
The way season replay leagues work is that the Commissioner can choose to assign a person to a team or a computer manager. The ability to assign a computer manager to a team is a brand new feature in the Commissioners tools.

The Total Replay League (you can find their league page in the new DYNASTY League Baseball Online Private League Directory) is the first multi-player real time season replay league in the history of baseball sims.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #23
Banned

user season replays. Until then they won't get any more money from me.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #24
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Yea I've pretty much just given up on this... Their to busy trying to reinvent the wheel... Smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »