Home

Powerstar Golf Update Arrives Tomorrow - Increased Credit Payouts, New Gear & More

This is a discussion on Powerstar Golf Update Arrives Tomorrow - Increased Credit Payouts, New Gear & More within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Powerstar Golf Update Arrives Tomorrow - Increased Credit Payouts, New Gear & Mor

With The Golf Club coming out in the near future, I will pass on this one especially since the right stick is not enabled for the swing.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Powerstar Golf Update Arrives Tomorrow - Increased Credit Payouts, New Gear & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyinPA75
This is just me -- but they really need to have the right stick for swings and putts.

Using the button timing mechanic is not enjoyable. Purchased the game thinking it would be right stick. Upset when it was not. : (
Can you use the stick at all for the swing? I thought it was 3-click, button press only? I know that shocked me to learn back in August that one of the first XBox Live games for the One was not only not going to use the new Kinect, it wasn't even going to use an analog thumbstick swing?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

This game is really fun I picked it up on sale for 15 dollars and play it a lot. If you are looking for a fun golf game to play I recommend picking this game up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Can you use the stick at all for the swing? I thought it was 3-click, button press only? I know that shocked me to learn back in August that one of the first XBox Live games for the One was not only not going to use the new Kinect, it wasn't even going to use an analog thumbstick swing?
I think the input method, three clicking, is perfectly suited for this game. I love analog swinging, but this really is an arcade game at its heart. And the way you improve your ability with boosts and new equipment make using buttons a better option.

Where the game succeeds is that it has perfectly implented all of the things you want out of a golf game. Accounting for variable wind, elevation, lies, using fades, hooks, and spin (preset spin, not the cheesy post strike spin EA uses in TW) in order to navigate the course. While it is not realistic, the decision making is. When I miss, I can narrow it down to either my decision making or my execution.

They have also done a fine job of making every game feel social, as you beat the shots your friends have made, whether it be longest drives, getting closest to the pin form various distances, and longest putts sunk. And Rivals mode lets you play head to head with your friends performances.

It's a great golf game, arcade or not.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Hester, I appreciate the detailed response! If I wind up going with an XB1, PowerStar Golf will be a day one purchases for me, especially after reading what you had to say about it. I have no problem with an arcade golf game being 3-click, as long as it's got enough hooks to the real game of golf that I still have to apply a golf mindset to shotmaking and doesn't allow me to influence the shot AFTER I've hit it, ala Tiger Woods in Amateur and ... (cough) "Pro" modes.

Arcade golf games will never become my golf gaming staple, but Hot Shots Golf World Invitational has shown me that I have room for 5 or 6 rounds of arcade golf a week since last summer. PowerStar Golf sounds like it fits my terms for an arcade golf with plenty of room to spare. I love the way they've built Rivals challenges and other mini-challenges into the game among friends. It goes a long way to make up for the lack of live multiplayer, which I wouldn't be surprised to see them add eventually.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 02-05-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Picked this up on friday, I gotta say it was a lot of fun. The special abilities aren't my cup of tea, But it's nothing over powered. I need to get better at putting I miss too many shorties. All in all it is a very fun game, well worth $20
Old 02-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Picked this up on friday, I gotta say it was a lot of fun. The special abilities aren't my cup of tea, But it's nothing over powered. I need to get better at putting I miss too many shorties. All in all it is a very fun game, well worth $20
Is it back to $20 now? I thought they had marked it down to $15, permanently. I'm not a fan of the special abilities/power-ups in any golf game, but from what I've read, you can pretty much play this game without them if desired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

got this when i picked up my xbox thursday night.awesome game im really enjoying it!

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »