Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its been said a ton already, but please let these improvements make it into the normal franchise mode. It is a MLB The Show staple after all.

Hopefully all the line up logic, trade logic and so on makes it into RTTS also

Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ya I don't quite understand why they won't confirm things that are on offline franchise. Is there any possible way that we can get confirmation on what is on (or off) offline franchise. Will realignment be on there as well? I would imagine the trade logic and all of that would be implemented but can anyone explain why this can't be said about offline? I'm not complaining, as it seems like if anything u can just run a 1 man online franchise as ur own "offline" pretty much.

Off topic. Maybe ratings are going to be released soon considering we are starting to c more and more ratings pop up as we get more info.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
Ya I don't quite understand why they won't confirm things that are on offline franchise. Is there any possible way that we can get confirmation on what is on (or off) offline franchise. Will realignment be on there as well? I would imagine the trade logic and all of that would be implemented but can anyone explain why this can't be said about offline? I'm not complaining, as it seems like if anything u can just run a 1 man online franchise as ur own "offline" pretty much.

Off topic. Maybe ratings are going to be released soon considering we are starting to c more and more ratings pop up as we get more info.
Sony will not confirm because as of right now they do not know it's really that simple. There may or may not be enough time to bring these new features to offline mode. Offline and Online modes use different code.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

This is only fantastic IF the actual gameplay is improved. Lag by itself would kill it for me...
Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Any kind of web features that go along with the online franchise?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

Just to throw it out there, I didn't wanna create a new thread; but I really can't wait for he blog on the new cameras and fielding icons. I wanna see what its like to field using the new system. (another reason why I wish a demo was coming, this way I could play with the new way to field before the game came out).
Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #15
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic

Ramone(SCEA) stated in another thread that the two modes are written separately and that getting in one doesn't automatically transfer to the other.
The reason they can't confirm one way or the other...is that they are trying to write the same code into the offline franchise(from what it seems he was saying).....and until they know that they won't run out of time....they won't say.

Looks good for you online franchise players.

To those saying they don't get online franchise play.
Really?
Competing in a more completely fleshed out baseball universe vs. other human opponents and/or CPU opponents as well doesn't sound appealing?
If this mode had Manage only Mode....I doubt I'd ever play offline again.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I hope that "card view" in the retirement screenshot can be seen in the regular roster screen, it would save a lot of time and loading when I'm wonder what a player looks like...

Online Franchise doesn't appeal to me sadly as I only have one friend I play the game with and its not all that much that we get to play anyway...
EDIT: Also I just dont enjoy playing online, other players like to play cheaply but even if they play far, I just dont have as much fun as facing the cpu...

Also, if we play an online franchise against all cpu teams, if we can(just like an offline one) would we still need to have a strong, if any, internet connect? Cause most of the time it's laggy and screws up the gameplay...

But we gotta know if these new features/upgrades made it to the offline franchise, Im very excited for it!!!

Last edited by TGov; 03-05-2014 at 12:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »