Home

How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots

This is a discussion on How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes

2 questions

1. Do you actually go play College games or is that minors?

2.If it's a pitcher will you be coming out the bullpen??
Old 03-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
2 questions

1. Do you actually go play College games or is that minors?

2.If it's a pitcher will you be coming out the bullpen??

I don't believe you will actually play college games....they will probably fast forward to when you graduate or what not and then you will see your attributes after that. If I am wrong somebody correct me.

yes if you assigned to the minors....you play all the minor league games your in.

If your a Pitcher....you can decide of course will be be a SP or a RP or even a CP. I have dabbled playing a pitcher and first off....it's awesome. And if your a starter....you will probably start in the minors and yes start games. If your a RP or CP you will come out of the bullpen.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #11
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I don't believe you will actually play college games....they will probably fast forward to when you graduate or what not and then you will see your attributes after that. If I am wrong somebody correct me.

yes if you assigned to the minors....you play all the minor league games your in.

If your a Pitcher....you can decide of course will be be a SP or a RP or even a CP. I have dabbled playing a pitcher and first off....it's awesome. And if your a starter....you will probably start in the minors and yes start games. If your a RP or CP you will come out of the bullpen.

Yeah i understand that i was wondering more about the showcase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Yeah i understand that i was wondering more about the showcase

It must be simply a showcase for highschool and college players. So if you go back to school after the inital showcase.....I have to imagine you play the showcase again to see where you can land.

Good question.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It must be simply a showcase for highschool and college players. So if you go back to school after the inital showcase.....I have to imagine you play the showcase again to see where you can land.

Good question.
I was wondering if you redo the showcase or not if you go to college, article didn't specify. The article did say you can go to college for 1 to 4 years. I wonder if you can test your draft status after each year of college, or if the game decides for you how long you stay in school, or what? Isn't there a draft rule that if you attend college, you can't enter the draft until your 21st birthday? So how could you only go to college 1 year? I don't know much about the MLB draft though, like what happens to a college player that is drafted but decides to stay in school, are there any regulations for entering the draft again?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 03-14-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
MVP

Oh man, I can't wait until May 6!! I'm so glad they took out advancement goals! Maybe amazon will make a mistake and send me the game a day early like they did with mlb12! hahaha! You should have seen my face when I got it a day early!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I was wondering if you redo the showcase or not if you go to college, article didn't specify. The article did say you can go to college for 1 to 4 years. I wonder if you can test your draft status after each year of college, or if the game decides for you how long you stay in school, or what? Isn't there a draft rule that if you attend college, you can't enter the draft until your 21st birthday? So how could you only go to college 1 year? I don't know much about the MLB draft though, like what happens to a college player that is drafted but decides to stay in school, are there any regulations for entering the draft again?
Thanks for the link, OS, and thanks for reading, guys!

Here's how I remember it from my interview with Ramone: If you elect to go back to school, you get to choose how many years you go back for (anywhere from one to four). The game just sims that 1-4 years and re-generates you as an accordingly older player with better attributes, and at that point you have to redo the Amateur Showcase. The "back to school" option is there for people who aren't satisfied with their performance in their initial Amateur Showcase appearance. If you screwed up and you end up getting drafted lower than you wanted to, you can try the Showcase again in 1-4 years and see if your increased ratings will help you perform better.

@SamitSarkar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #16
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
In the MLB, if you get drafted in high school, you have the choice to enter the minors or go to college. If you decide to go to college, you must stay for 3 years. It'll be interesting to see if they enforce that in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »