Home

EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear

After revealing more details about EA Sports UFC in a Reddit AMA, a couple of weeks ago, Brian Hayes, creative director on EA Sports UFC has still been answering a few questions here and there since then. Below are some of key items of interest, read the full Q&A here.

Quote:
Off-topic question, will there be women's Create-A-Fighter? I only ask because you're already here and answering questions.

We had the project all planned out based on the premise that women would "never" fight in the UFC. Then things changed very quickly in the real world and we had to adapt. But adding in full female create-a-fighter feature would have drastically impacted the project. I know most people don't care about development sob stories, but there you go. It's definitely something we can look at for the future of the franchise.

Frank mir would beg to differ. He really punked the mocap guys over a THQ. I heard doctor stoppages were not going to be in the game. Yet we see injuries in other ea sport games?

I didn't say its never a zany laugh riot.

Injuries in other sports games mean you sub in someone from your bench, but you can still win the game. You never see 12 players go down in NHL and take an automatic loss. Doctors stoppages exist to protect fighters from significant health risk in the real world. There is no danger of that happening in a video game, even though the fighters look very lifelike. (sorry, couldn't resist)

It's always something we can look at for the future of the franchise if players are clamoring for outcomes to be decided by a virtual doctor at ringside.

Please can you tell the minions slaving away on this masterpiece that the online fight card mode must make a comeback. Bring able to watch a whole fight card with a lobby of other gamers all trash talking and having a laugh was incredible on EA MMA. Also was insane pressure if you talked big and got owned when it was your turn to fight!

Noted.

EA Sports MMA helped organize online fight cards, hearing the audience and all 5 of the fights were on the same video stream. Most of the functionality will be available through Twitch, but it appears not all of it will be.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: More Info on EA UFC from Brian Hayes

How in the world can you have female fighters in the game but no female caf?

EA always find something for me to be surprised about. And not in a good way. (I wouldn't be playin as females but I knw others would)
Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

OVR: 34

Online fight cards not being in this game is unacceptable.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Thanks for the info. Disappointed in the no online fight cards thing. That was was one of the things about EA MMA that I really enjoyed a lot.

I figured the female division would probably be pretty limited. I could see them maybe sneaking in Zingano, Carmouche and Kaufman, but if it's just Tate and Rousey I wouldn't be too upset.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Not looking good, gameplay is going to have to knock it out.

No female fighters I can understand as there aren't any other than Ronda and Miesha, so why waste time creating that division. I don't agree with not having a division in Career mode that is playable. You don't need real fighters.

I do expect them to probably add some later otherwise it is a complete waste to even have a women's division.

- No doctor stoppages

This is bad. This means that the damage system isn't good enough to create relevant cuts/swelling. If you get a cut and keep getting hit there, the damage system should open the cut up more to the point where it should be stopped. Same thing with swelling. They can program a doctor to stop it if a cut gets X size or deep or swelling gets X amount.

- Online fight cards are not likely but could be added at a later date
Don't see how they couldn't have this in the game already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #6

OVR: 34

This is what they did with FNC. They had a stoppage system that was broken, attempted to fix it and then took it out completely. So a guy would look like Rocky and there would be no stoppage. But they loved to talk about how great it looked when a guy got cut.

The team behind FNC is behind UFC and if they treat it the same we will see the same thing happen, which was everyone getting excited when the game first showed itself on a next gen system and then watched it fizzle out because they dropped the ball on key development.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

No MMA game has EVER had online fight cards why is this a surprise? No females CAF's....no MMA game has ever had female CAFs.

This is the first version of the game...it should be just about gameplay at this point.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
No MMA game has EVER had online fight cards why is this a surprise? No females CAF's....no MMA game has ever had female CAFs.

This is the first version of the game...it should be just about gameplay at this point.
EA MMA had online fight cards. It was its biggest feature.

Females are in the game so there is no reason why there is no female CAF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »