Home

EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: More Info on EA UFC from Brian Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
- No doctor stoppages

This is bad. This means that the damage system isn't good enough to create relevant cuts/swelling.
The actual reason from Hayes is that they didn't add in a damage-management mini-game in-between rounds (like they used to have in FN where you could focus on the cuts/swelling) and they did not want to take the decision completely out of the player's hands since it is a video game and they don't need people complaining about how their fight got stopped because "There's nothing I can do to make the swelling go down between rounds"/"I can't choose to patch the cut so of course it's going to keep bleeding" (and you're kidding yourself if you don't think the swarms of people complaining about Dr. stoppages ruining their fights because it's all a CPU's decision).

I'm a little surprised about the no female CAFs and the fight cards being absent kinda sucks a lot, but we've known there were no Dr. Stoppages since February. It's disappointing, but understandable from a developer's point of view. You're going to lose either way (people sad it's not in, people complaining there's no user-control over it), so spend that time doing something else, one would hope.

Last edited by Beantown; 03-19-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #10

OVR: 34

In FNC they abandoned the mini game and had no corner work. Basically, if you didn't get hit in future rounds the cut would get healed. It was all based in percentages. But it was broken because you could be maxed out and have a guy all cut up and still no stoppage.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I wouldn't want a cut mini game, just give me a cpu cut man who based on previous career damage, current damage, etc stops the bleeding so much. Then if you don't get hit in the cut, it won't start bleeding again. If you get hit, it starts again and opens up more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
In FNC they abandoned the mini game and had no corner work. Basically, if you didn't get hit in future rounds the cut would get healed. It was all based in percentages. But it was broken because you could be maxed out and have a guy all cut up and still no stoppage.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I've seen a few stoppages in FNC with me or my opponent maxed out. Its rare but it happens.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #13
Rookie

kisstopher5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Uncl

Pretty bummed about no female CAFs. Seven women in the game is more than expected, but no being able to add a Cyborg or Carano is no fun. I feel like changing male CAF to female CAF wouldn't be a catastrophic change, but who knows?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Uncl

I get no female CAF. I'm sure it would take some work with making different head models, body models, etc and I'm glad they didn't skimp out on time spent designing real fighters or male CAF to cram it in. It'd be nice down the road but I can live without it.

I have mixed feelings on doctor stoppages. There are certain real life aspects of the sport that I don't think would make a game more fun. Things like accidental eye pokes (although I'd love for the commentary to go on a 5 minute rant about the gloves occasionally,) bad stoppages, accidental low blows, etc. Most of that stuff is out of the players control and I'd rather it just not be in the game.

I do love strategy though, and there could be something to be said for having to protect a cut which makes you take more shots to your body/legs/etc. At the end of the day it's a rare occurrence though, and nobody steps into the octogon looking to win by doctor stoppage, so it isn't a big loss either. It's definitely way down the list of features I'd add.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #15
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I get no female CAF. I'm sure it would take some work with making different head models, body models, etc and I'm glad they didn't skimp out on time spent designing real fighters or male CAF to cram it in. It'd be nice down the road but I can live without it.

I have mixed feelings on doctor stoppages. There are certain real life aspects of the sport that I don't think would make a game more fun. Things like accidental eye pokes (although I'd love for the commentary to go on a 5 minute rant about the gloves occasionally,) bad stoppages, accidental low blows, etc. Most of that stuff is out of the players control and I'd rather it just not be in the game.

I do love strategy though, and there could be something to be said for having to protect a cut which makes you take more shots to your body/legs/etc. At the end of the day it's a rare occurrence though, and nobody steps into the octogon looking to win by doctor stoppage, so it isn't a big loss either. It's definitely way down the list of features I'd add.

I agree with pretty much everything you posted. I'll never use female CAF, so no sleep lost there. And while it would be nice to see an occasional doctor's stoppage, it certainly won't take away from the game.

Online fight cards is something that will never affect me because I don't play online. It seems like a big one for a lot of the crowd though, so they better focus on it with the next game for sure. None of the issues so far affect my opinion of the game, but I understand why others will be upset by the news.

It's great to see Brian Hayes taking time to answer questions though. That's cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
There are 7 licensed female fighters in the game. They have the head models, body models etc. already created. No reason they couldnt base the female CAFs off of those models.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »