Home

Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams

In the 77th episode of the Press Row Podcast, the largest panel to date gathers to discuss baseball “outside the box” as we near the start of the real and virtual hardball seasons. The entire episode is focused on different ways the panelists would like to experience baseball – from historical options to new online features to immersive technology. It’s a very different episode than we’ve ever done; each panelist is given the opportunity to present their idea and have the rest of the crew react (positively or not).

Do you want to play baseball in new and different way too? Let us know in the comments below, tweet at us, or shoot us an email.[/list]Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams

Really good listen.
I think the Rift idea is awesome. I always wanted a true first person baseball game(something like NFL2K tried) and think it would be a fun experience.

But you guys are forgetting one element in regards to a historical mode.
The community.
Historical players?....the Vault is FULL of them. The community will take care of just about every aspect of that.
Unis?....if they gave the community a full fledged uni editor and vault. Done.
They would never have to create one.
The stadiums(and allowing custom league structure) is really the only tripping point.(I believe the stadium creation has become too complex for an editor)

Oh.....and with COMMUNITY CHALLENGES included this year.....you can recreate the historical moments you guys suggested towards the middle of the podcast(the Schiraldi section) complete with custom rosters loaded!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would just like to be able to use classic teams in play now and online play now. Have about 100-200 classic teams. But at the end of the day im kool using 2014 tigers even minus my tiger iggy.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

In MLB Bobblehead Pros on the Xbox 360, you could play online games that were 1 inning, 3 innings or 9 innings.

I liked doing 3 innings the best.

There was also a "mercy rule" where the game would automatically end if one team got ahead by 10 or more runs.

I would love to see this system incorporated into all baseball games.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

If ur looking for faster game online im pretty sure quick counts is the way to go for mlb 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

I Think it would be kool to share a franchise with friends. Whos ever on can play a game. If were on at the same time we could both play or all 3 of us.. My good buddys really into trades and building a team where im more into playin the games so he could he could be like gm. now with year to year saves we could keep this going for awhile. Also with year to year saves maybe u could make it to the year 3014 or even 4014..
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Good for Chris for saying what we were thinking!

Leave it to a high level exec to have no clue what its consumers really want!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
Rookie

sorry for talkin to myself lol. back in the day when i played base ball and fastpitch softball i played ss.. i had a blast playin short.. get to the gms early have some one hit me grounders. my favorite player is iggy. today the tigers picked up ss andrew romine. so i searched the web find out all about him .. then i threw in mlb the show looked at his attributes and did bout hour of batting practice with him... So to the point im tryin to make id like to play a baseball game where i can practice fielding grounders especially ss. id spend lots of time doing it practicing diving and making great plays and id even have fun with the routine ground balls.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »