Home

MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Disagree ...

There is no doubt there are plenty of new features in MLB 14 (Quick Counts, Player Lock, Saving to multiple platforms). So it is a new game. But these feature changes will not be used by everyone.

- Quick Counts ... a good feature for those who want to play as many games as they can in a short amount of time. Obviously caters the the Franchise players who want to play as many seasons as they can. But not everyone wants to play a game in 10-15 minutes. Some people like to take their time, some people are not concerned with playing as many games as they can in the shortest period of time. I am not saying Quick Counts is bad, clearly it is a good feature for many. But if you don't use it should you buy the game for a feature you don't use?

- Player Lock ... a good feature for RTTS mode, where you are concerned with only your player. But not everyone needs or will used Player Lock. I am an MoM player, so Player Lock is a feature I won't use.

- Cross Platform Saves ... a good feature for those who plan on buying the PS3, to start their Franchises/Seasons as soon as possible and then be able buy the PS4 when it comes out a month later and continue on what they started in the PS3. But what if you have no intentions of buying a PS4 this year? What if you have no need to carry over your rosters from one year to the next? This feature will be used by many, but not everyone will use it.

So far the only thing I will get by buying MLB 14 is:

- Access to the 2014 schedule.
- More accurate player photographs with the current 2014 teams.
- Maybe a little more variety with the commentators though how much better is unknown.

I am sure MLB 14 will be a great game, but I am not convinced it is a "Must Buy" for myself. I am thinking I might be better off saving my $60 + tax and jumping into the MLB 15 for the PS4 platform next year.
Who is this realistic down to earth human being? Why is he not overhyping the living hell out of this game?

Lol just messing with u buddy. I commend you for being one of the few to not follow the gamer instinct of overhyping. (Myself included lol)

You are a rare breed. I bet you can eat just one Pringle.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-23-2014, 12:08 AM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I am not getting a PS4 this year, so the PS3 (and Vita) is the version I'd be getting this year. I can really go either way with MLB 14 but knowing me, I'll wind up getting it. I didn't use the Mets or Rockies in 2013, so getting 14 and having the ability to carry on that Franchise save when I do upgrade to a PS4 is worth buying 14.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #19
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope that the PS4 version will have more variety in swing animations. If not this year then hopefully for next year because seeing every right-handed batter with a one-handed followthrough do the same Bautista followthrough for 2 years straight is pretty annoying.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:06 AM   #20
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Other than quick counts nothing really sticks out for me and the game on the PS3 looks very dated the last few years .
I always say I will pass the last few years but spring Baseball fever always gets me though I might go with Fifa WC and RBI 14 and then pick up the ps4 version used when I get Batman in October .
Either way its almost time to play Ball , Aussie dont count in my book for opening day .
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8
Did not know there was cross platform saving. Now i don't have to wait for the ps4 version to get my season started. Good job Sony.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #22
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
One of the things I hope is fixed on PS4 is the high follow through for every right handed batter and how left handed batters will often let go of the bat the second they make contact, it's just a little of an eye sore for me, especially the first thing since I notice it the most. It's like every right handed player, if they have the one-handed follow through look like Bautista swinging. It's small I know, but these guys at MLB The Show haven't really given me a whole lot to complain about haha.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

I haven't seen a new dev blog in a while. Are they done with those now that the game comes out next Tuesday?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #24
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I haven't seen a new dev blog in a while. Are they done with those now that the game comes out next Tuesday?
I thought we might see something yesterday, or maybe today. There are really no gameplay videos out there, even for the PS3 version. There needs to be something to drum up some excitement. The launch, even though I have no doubt it will do well, feels flat. It could be a lack of gameplay footage out there, no funny tv commercials, or the late release. It could be because all the excitement and anticipation is for the PS4 version. I'm guessing it's the latter. Everything has been pushed back and strung out because of the PS4 that it feels like everyone is worn out and ready for the game to simply be released already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »