Home

EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Unclear within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Uncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There are 7 licensed female fighters in the game. They have the head models, body models etc. already created. No reason they couldnt base the female CAFs off of those models.
Would you seriously take time to use female create-a-fighter with 7 female fighters already in the game? Serious question.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC Won't Have Female CAFs & Doctor Stoppages - Online Fight Cards Uncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
Would you seriously take time to use female create-a-fighter with 7 female fighters already in the game? Serious question.
Yes I would and I think many other people would too especially folks who run their own leagues. There is a website (mma-caf.com) that is only focused on creating fighters in UFC games. There are hundreds of CAF's on that site. I alone have over 60 CAFs made for UFC 3. There are a ton of people who would create female fighters.

Now to your point about the ladies: Lets say the 7 female fighters are the top 7 (Rousey, Tate, Eye, Kaufmann, Zingano, McMann and Davis). That means no Liz Carmouche. No Amanda Nunes. None of the fighters from TUF.

That also means that I cant create a Cyborg or Carano. Finally, the next season of TUF is all women and will crown a new UFC champion. So I'm stuck for the next two years with not being able to use any women other than the top 7 bantamweights.

I actually would be ok with the excuse if there were no women in the game but there are 7. The elements to create a female fighter are in the game already. No reason we shouldnt be able to create one.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

CAF isn't just playing Frankenstein with one persons head and another's body, you have to have unique models that are alterable. That's a completely different thing than having body-scanned individuals. Down the road I hope female CAF is in the series but really, it's understandable why it's out.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
CAF isn't just playing Frankenstein with one persons head and another's body, you have to have unique models that are alterable. That's a completely different thing than having body-scanned individuals. Down the road I hope female CAF is in the series but really, it's understandable why it's out.
The body types arent that different. We arent talking about different weightclasses here. They have 7 body types to work with at this point. With the exception of Germaine de Ramndamie, every other women in the top 15 that isnt in the game has a similar body type to someone who is in the game.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #21
MVP

Yes, the bodies are in there, but they aren't set up to be altered. You can't go in CAF and make a guy with Jon Jones body except white with different abs. And you can't use a scanned in head model and alter it either. It's a completely different thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Yes, the bodies are in there, but they aren't set up to be altered. You can't go in CAF and make a guy with Jon Jones body except white with different abs. And you can't use a scanned in head model and alter it either. It's a completely different thing.
I guess I'm confused about your point. Women have been in the UFC for almost 16 months. They cared enough about putting women in that they made 7 women fighter. You admit that the body types are in the game. Why cant they take the time to make them editable and accessible through CAF?

Its not like they just found out women were being added to the UFC. They have known for over a year. I find it hard to believe that when they were working on CAF they couldnt either use the existing body models or create 2-4 new body models for women. Gameface can take care of the facial aspects of the CAF.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #23
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I definitely am disappointed in the lack of female CAF. I was hoping to put Cyborg and the girls from TUF in there. Some of the posts in this thread make it sound like using female fighters in the game is taboo or something, not sure where that is coming from, but maybe I am misunderstanding the posts as well, who knows.

The doctor stoppage thing doesn't bother me as much as the fight card being out. The whole "online experience" with leagues and friends list parties was a big deal when touting Next Gen.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #24
MVP

Gameface would also have to be reworked to make female fighters. Go make a game face of a woman in Madden; the results are usually pretty awful. The structure of the head is different between men and women. They'd have to make brand new head meshes to make it look right. They could have spent time doing that and putting in alterable bodies, all I'm saying is if the choice was between 6 head meshes and body types for female fighters or 6 more for male CAFs I'd rather they did the male ones because they get used way more. I have no problem with female CAF being in the game eventually (probably next year) but they're making a brand new game and it would be a substantial time diversion to add it compared to the amount of use it would get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »