Home

EA Sports UFC Will Not Have Fighter Share, Will Release Late Spring - Possibly Summer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Will Not Have Fighter Share, Will Release Late Spring - Possibly Summer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA Sports UFC Will Not Have Fighter Share, Will Release Late Spring - Possibly Summer

MMA Junkie has posted an interview with EA Sports UFC Creative Director, Brian Hayes and Lead Producer, Nate McDonald. Quite a few interesting tidbits of information came out of it.

They talk about how many fighters will be in the game, adding more through DLC, how they come up with ratings and much more. Unfortunately, it looks like the release of the game could get pushed to the Summer, but nothing has been confirmed. Another piece of bad news? No fighter share.

Quote:
Going off of that, a major feature people enjoyed in “EA Sports MMA” was the ability to create a fighter and share them online. Will the fighter share option be brought back for this upcoming title?

That’s something we loved as well, but we can’t do it anymore for a number of reasons. One of the big things people did on a game like “Fight Night” is making Rocky Balboa, or Floyd Mayweather or whatever. But nowadays when people can make YouTube clips and share them, there’s this whole grey area where if our game allows users to make a Rocky character that’s the intellectual property of somebody else, it causes a ton of problems. There is a “Create-A-Fighter” and you could create you own Rocky, but when we are facilitating the sharing of content, it gets very difficult.

Read the full interview at MMA Junkie, here.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by sportsfan8812; 03-27-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: New Q&A with Brian Hayes & Nate McDonald

No fighter share because they are afraid of Youtube copy right blow back ? WTF......

Guess that would explain why they took out some of the editing features in Madden. And from the sounds of it, I'm starting to think this game won't come out until September. It is going on April and they still don't have a release date contract signed yet ? wow.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

No fighter share sucks, but I assume that it won't be that big of a deal since we have CAF site templates to work from. It will be a bit more time consuming for sure, but if it's a quality recreation I won't mind.

I don't think that the release is gonna drag all the way to September. At least I hope not. I'm sure we'll be hearing something within a month or two.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

EA would never release this game later than July but I think it will be mid June. They have been sticking to the late spring release line and Summer doesnt start until June 17th. Madden comes out in August. Fifa and NHL come out in September and Live is out in October. They dont want this game to get lost in the fall shuffle. Also EA Sports needs the sales in the 2nd quarter.

Very disappointed in the lack of fighter share. Thank god for sites like MMA-CAF.

Last edited by aholbert32; 03-27-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

The more I read...the more im disappointed. He's basically blaming Youtube for no fighter share and the inability to edit fighters wardrobe (which you could do in FNC). I do love that they have 12 venues in the game (Montreal, Anaheim, LA, Toronto, Vegas, Brazil).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The more I read...the more im disappointed. He's basically blaming Youtube for no fighter share and the inability to edit fighters wardrobe (which you could do in FNC). I do love that they have 12 venues in the game (Montreal, Anaheim, LA, Toronto, Vegas, Brazil).
Yeah I agree. The answer for everything seems to be "maybe in the future" or "the next installment." No fighter share does suck but like you said, we do have those sites to help. And I don't think it will be September. I'm patient. I don't really mind waiting to be honest, but I completely understand everyone's frustration.

All those venues will definitely be pretty bad *** though.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #7
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Welcome to the next gen! At least it won't be nearly as bad as EA Sport's transition last gen. Those first games were bare bones, lol. This is EA's first UFC game though, and I think it will be a good one when all is said and done.

As far as release date goes, they're used to having NCAA Football release in July, so as long as they get it out by then, they'll be fine. Competing with Madden, FIFA, etc. won't work out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 AM   #8
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

No fighter share is GARBAGE. Just like his "excuse" for it not being in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »