Home

MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed

Our man Keystone570 has posted two videos showing off all of the uniforms in MLB 14 The Show.

Please like and subscribe to show appreciation for the video, courtesy of Keystone570!
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show uniforms Part 2

Is anyone planning to do a uniform table like they have the last few years? Those are very helpful. I like to go along with the scheduled days for the teams I'm playing.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

This is in response to BaseballCtchr....
You posted...:

The thing I question about the style guide response is if MLB is so strict that The Show has to follow the style guide why do they allow teams to wear unis that "aren't in the style guide?" Seems contradictory to me.

Still will buy the game because in the grand scheme of things it isn't that big of a deal to me but I will always want more uni options. I hope that for the PS4 that the unis are correct/can be corrected.

The MLB teams are not bound by the style guide....
They style guide is for commercial use of companies and businesses outside of the MLB.
I YOU started a company and paid the license to the MLB.....to sell goods resembling MLB apparel...say pajamas.......you would be sent a guide. If you don't adhere to the guide with the goods you produce, you would probably have to pull those items for sale and get sued/fined for not reflecting the product as the MLB permits you to.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned

Mr_Mojo_Raisin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed

Finally we get the Braves' beautiful cream alternate jersey! That's pretty much gonna be my regular home uniform in franchise mode now.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Should have put Brewers gold jersey as the alternate and the pinstripe as the throwback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
MVP

Not a single change in the throwbacks of any team. Didn't they use to change these periodically?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Didn't get to see the Cardinals uniforms bc they were on the left side :-( but jus few days left till I get it :-)
Old 03-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is in response to BaseballCtchr....
You posted...:

The thing I question about the style guide response is if MLB is so strict that The Show has to follow the style guide why do they allow teams to wear unis that "aren't in the style guide?" Seems contradictory to me.

Still will buy the game because in the grand scheme of things it isn't that big of a deal to me but I will always want more uni options. I hope that for the PS4 that the unis are correct/can be corrected.

The MLB teams are not bound by the style guide....
They style guide is for commercial use of companies and businesses outside of the MLB.
I YOU started a company and paid the license to the MLB.....to sell goods resembling MLB apparel...say pajamas.......you would be sent a guide. If you don't adhere to the guide with the goods you produce, you would probably have to pull those items for sale and get sued/fined for not reflecting the product as the MLB permits you to.

M.K.
Knight165
What MLB should do instead of forcing teams to adhere to the style guide is force teams to maintain updates and the accuracy of the guide. Cuz someone has to realize that while the style guide in theory makes perfect sense, as soon as teams forget to update it or deviate it they've completely screwed up the brand. Like the issue we had for a couple of seasons with the Nats road socks being red in reality and navy blue in the game. The so called "brand" was clearly all screwed up there but if theres that rule of adhering to the style guide then it's not SCEA's fault because they're just following the rules but it's clearly the Washington Nationals fault.

And of course the team can wear whatever they want, that's fine, but if they're gonna make a prolonged change they should be forced to update their portion of the style guide.

Also, while I have an issue with the Mets having their black jerseys over a blue alternate, if the Mets would get off their butts and update the style guide they would remove the black and that would allow SCEA to include at least one of the blue jerseys.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »