Home

MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 14 The Show uniforms Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
What MLB should do instead of forcing teams to adhere to the style guide is force teams to maintain updates and the accuracy of the guide. Cuz someone has to realize that while the style guide in theory makes perfect sense, as soon as teams forget to update it or deviate it they've completely screwed up the brand. Like the issue we had for a couple of seasons with the Nats road socks being red in reality and navy blue in the game. The so called "brand" was clearly all screwed up there but if theres that rule of adhering to the style guide then it's not SCEA's fault because they're just following the rules but it's clearly the Washington Nationals fault.

And of course the team can wear whatever they want, that's fine, but if they're gonna make a prolonged change they should be forced to update their portion of the style guide.

Also, while I have an issue with the Mets having their black jerseys over a blue alternate, if the Mets would get off their butts and update the style guide they would remove the black and that would allow SCEA to include at least one of the blue jerseys.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

While I agree....I doubt the MLB is going to pressure teams too much.
Also...on the Mets black.....just as with all uni's...they don't disappear from the guide.
I would say with that....it was just SCEA not removing it and adding in another jersey.
I'm not sure how many they already have "drawn"(I don't know what to call it when the artists make the jerseys)....but it could be something as simple as they didn't have another right now.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #10
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: MLB 14 The Show - All Uniforms Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Didn't get to see the Cardinals uniforms bc they were on the left side :-( but jus few days left till I get it :-)
I asked Keystone if he can grab the screenshots and I'll add them to this post if he has the time to grab them.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-28-2014, 08:51 PM   #11
Rookie

pay26's Arena

OVR: 0
Disappointed the rockies road jersey two, again the sleeves are not purple. I hope that it more uniforms PS4, because there are no Mets blue jerseys and red jersey Braves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

disappointed not to see the reds new (old) black hat included
Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I asked Keystone if he can grab the screenshots and I'll add them to this post if he has the time to grab them.
Thanks either way Steve ;-) Also big thanks to Keystone for taking the time to show us all these videos ....

Last edited by OUSOONERS#1; 03-28-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #14
MVP

As much as we always point out the Jays blue, the Rockies sleeves, and the Mets black jersey, man we don't give enough heat to the ridiculous shade of baby blue they have on the Brewers alternate home jersey... I mean just wow, it's essentially the same royal blue as the Cubs and other teams that they already got right. I wish I was there the day they approved that jersey into the game.

Also, the Marlins home warm-up cap shown in the game doesn't even exist. Not once have they ever had a cap like that, last year they got that home warm-up cap correct, shocked that this year it was replaced by some random creation.

Last edited by SilverBullet1929; 03-28-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #15
Rookie

beedl001's Arena

OVR: 3
The Cubs are wearing 10 different retro unis this year and they have some pretty cool jerseys and caps. But an all white? I haven't seen an all white combo and there are a lot of better choices the artists could have gone with. The Mets orange brimmed cap, the Braves patriotic jersey, the Brewers yellow or Cuervos jersey would have been cool. They did a good job with the new A's white logo and Giants orange jersey as well as including the Reds and Mets camo. I just don't get the style guide requirements or how teams like the Mets who wore the orange brimmed cap last year and it's still not in the game. By far the best pro game IMO but the the other pro sports games do a much better job with jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
MVP

General A's jersey question... wasn't the new green alternate supposed to be a road jersey? If I'm not mistaken the Show has it as the home alternate and lists the gold alternate jersey as the road one. Any Oakland fans who can answer this one? Is this a mistake?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »