Home

EA Sports UFC Could Release Every Other Year

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Could Release Every Other Year within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports UFC Could Release Every Other Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Hopefully they can squeeze out a Fight Night in between this UFC game and the next one.
if that's the case I would hope they are already in development
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I definitely think it's a positive for EA Sports to release the UFC game every other year, and I think they should do the same with their future golf games as well. There's no way Madden will be anything but yearly, but some of the others will benefit from a two-year cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Due to the current cycle, I think all sports games benefit from this. Update stats yearly and we can get those better games visually and gameplay wise. 2k is going to need an engine overhaul though but they can't afford time off. They should have took advan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Ideally, I would like to see them come out with one next year adding more fighters, modes, the ability to create female CAF's, doctor stoppages, etc.

With that said if they release some fighters via DLC as well as either

a) update their fighters rosters every month or so

or

better yet b) give us the ability to edit attributes, then I suppose that I would be okay with this.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I really hope they go every other year route. This is something that gets clamored for with Madden and I want to see if it works with EA MMA. Again, I want it only because I assume each new game will come packed with substantially improved mechanics and great new features.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #14

OVR: 34

This isn't about creating more time to develop a game. It's about the dollar. If EA sees this game sell big it will have a annual release attached to it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I really hope they go every other year route. This is something that gets clamored for with Madden and I want to see if it works with EA MMA. Again, I want it only because I assume each new game will come packed with substantially improved mechanics and great new features.
I've never really understood that either...

I mean, if someone doesn't think that the game improves enough from year to year, then why not just have some self control (something that I admittedly don't have) and skip it?

Either way it's still two years of dev time whether a game is released or not isn't it? Of course, they would save some time because they wouldn't have to work on patches and stuff, but since those can be rolled over into the next iteration, then how much time is really saved?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I've never really understood that either...

I mean, if someone doesn't think that the game improves enough from year to year, then why not just have some self control (something that I admittedly don't have) and skip it?

Either way it's still two years of dev time whether a game is released or not isn't it? Of course, they would save some time because they wouldn't have to work on patches and stuff, but since those can be rolled over into the next iteration, then how much time is really saved?
I'm not in the game development field so I could be off base, but I assume they take a sustantial amount of time every year to polish the game and get it ready (bug fixes, etc) for release. Additionally after release they have to spend time doing patches. Most of what gets patched will probably end up in the next game anyway, but it seems more effecient to do it every other year and only have one polishing/beta testing/patching cycle every two years. They can keep making money on the game with fighter DLC in the mean time, and possibly other DLC routes like PPV events with specialized commentary (just for example.)

Also, from a project planning perspective if you have an idea that is going to take two years to implement an annual release schedule means you have to get it to a releasable point in one year and then finish it the next one, so you end up with half-baked features all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »