Home

MLB 14 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
MLB 2K announcing was phenomenal.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #10
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 14 The Show Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Terrible theory!
Yeah - the world being round was also
Old 04-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm anxious to see PS4 gameplay, any news on when that will be available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

5/6
Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #13
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
MLB 2K announcing was phenomenal.
Going by most of the impressions around here it sounds like it will be another year of playing the best baseball game ever with the commentary on mute again

I really hope someday soon MLB The Show will finally have commentary worth listing to more then 3 games. 2K's commentary has set the standard of how all sports games commentary should sound like. Sadly Sony is just going to have to at some point get rid of all the current commentary and start fresh with recording hopefully 2 or 3 new play by play guys all in the booth at the same time.

What worries we though is does the MLB The Show developers think the current commentary is Old, Stale and Boring like so many of us do?

Last edited by tnixen; 04-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

It is a very fair review. I can see why a full point was deducted due to the online portion not being up to snuff.

I don't play baseball online....so personally for me....at this juncture? This is the best sports game I have ever played bar none. Better than 2K11, Better than any version of The Show before it.....better than any Madden game I have ever played....better than NFL2K5.

I am talking the total package of recreating a sport from the grass, to the sounds, to the atmosphere, to the deep franchise mode, to the player creation and community rosters sharing which gives the game unlimited replay value (I still go back and play MLB The Show 11,12 and 13 because of the great classic rosters), to the intense realism on the field, facing down an ACE, facing a big bopper with the bases loaded and 2 outs...bottom of the ninth and to most importantly the commitment to excellence this team has given us over the last several years making this great game.

9.75/10

No sports game is ever perfect......this is about as close as any sports game has ever come to being perfect on any console in the history of gaming. And I think for a lot of publications etc...it is taken for granted because the game has been a continued evolution which really started with the 2009 version. That was the first one where I was like......wow that is next gen baseball. The under the hood tuning which has taken place every year, the incredible evolution of True Ball Physics 3.0, the still every improving color palate.....incredible 14 looks even better than 13!!! The ever improving tuning of the CPU AI......as this year in 1-2 and 0-2 counts I am getting the CPU to bite on out of the zone pitches far more than 13 and last years game was a monster improvement over any previous version to boot.....but yet again they improved it even more for 14.

I can literally go on and on and on. It's that amazing of a game.

And in a few years we will be singing the high high praises of MLB 16 anf how ground breaking it will be. I am sure 14 and then 15 will kick ***......but just imagine 3 years from now where this game will be on the PS4.

Just imagine!!!

SCEA SD does (imagine) and then makes it a wonderful reality for us baseball junkies......and I thank them for that. I know most of those guys over there played Atari Real Sports Baseball, Intellevision Baseball, baseball Stars, Tony La Russa etc......and sat in wonderment like I did....and wondered how it would be in the future.

Thank god for the dreamers in this world......or we would all be up ****s creek without a paddle!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Going by most of the impressions around here it sounds like it will be another year of playing the best baseball game ever with the commentary on mute again

I really hope someday soon MLB The Show will finally have commentary worth listing to more then 3 games. 2K's commentary has set the standard of how all sports games commentary should sound like. Sadly Sony is just going to have to at some point get rid of all the current commentary and start fresh with recording hopefully 2 or 3 new play by play guys all in the booth at the same time.

What worries we though is does the MLB The Show developers think the current commentary is Old, Stale and Boring like so many of us do?

If you play enough of any game.......you hear the same commentary over and over.
You know what's getting Old, Stale and Boring?
YEP.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #16
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It is a very fair review. I can see why a full point was deducted due to the online portion not being up to snuff.

I don't play baseball online....so personally for me....at this juncture? This is the best sports game I have ever played bar none. Better than 2K11, Better than any version of The Show before it.....better than any Madden game I have ever played....better than NFL2K5.
I absolutely agree with this statement. IMO it's the best single player experience that has ever been done -

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »