Home

MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

Yea played a few games last night online, both of them got disconnected, the experience was extremely choppy, and at times unplayable. I had to give up pure analog swinging because it was just too laggy, this is my only real disappointment with the show every year, but unfortunately it's a big one.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

And this is another reason why offline play should have been more of the main focus this year, at least for PS3...
Old 04-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #11
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
And this is another reason why offline play should have been more of the main focus this year, at least for PS3...
yea they shoulve us just ignored online altogether
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
what game has a flawless online at launch? i know this series has struggled with online in the past, but in a few weeks, i'm sure it will be ironed out.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
what game has a flawless online at launch? i know this series has struggled with online in the past, but in a few weeks, i'm sure it will be ironed out.
This is very true, and it could have been that I played a couple people that had a bad internet connection, or were overseas, or something, but I doubt it.

But it's so frustrating being an online sports player, we are in 2014, and we are still having major issues with this.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
As you get older it becomes increasingly difficult to get together for a video game. Jobs, kids, life...

I was looking forward to online leagues. For me nothing beats a game of baseball against another human. The one on one battles the sport offers in game is what makes it the best in my opinion. Having not been able to compete in a league since 2K8, I was excited to get back at it.

Online play is not something everyone will use, but online should function properly for any game that is released these days.
I'm pretty old (37, wife, 2 kids). I live in UK. My free hours are only the night ones. I love sports videogames. There is no sports videogame the past years that can guarantee a good online experience. I gave up with online. I only have 2-3 hours and they were always ruined either by online "technical" problems or by unknown online "gamers". That's the sad truth about online.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
Problem is The Show's online problems are never just at launch. It's not like they have a reputation for cleaning it up and delivering a lag-free experience a few weeks after the game's released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2
I played one game, it was laggy and glitchy and unplayable IMO. The screen showed three green bars but the play was horrible. I'm actually really surprised because I played 70+ online games of 13 and the experience was pretty good and never as bad as what I experienced on my first try with 14. I really don't understand how it turned out so bad. If anything you would think they would make progress in a positive direction and perhaps improve the experience but like the NBA 2k franchise, it's a year to year gamble and most of the time the end user loses. Not sure if it's traffic shaping, match making issues, server side limitations, or just bad code....either way it was (and is) a major disappointment. And really don't expect the PS4 to be any better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »