Home

NASCAR '14 Patch Moves to Final Testing Phase, More Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Patch Moves to Final Testing Phase, More Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR '14 Patch Moves to Final Testing Phase, More Details Included

After releasing NASCAR '14 patch details about a month ago, the team has gone into the final testing phase and added some more details.

Quote:
UPDATE: Thank you to all who have contacted us regarding the NASCAR ’14 patch, we have an update and will be keeping you regularly up-to-date with progress from this point onwards.

Our social teams have spent the last few weeks gathering feedback from multiple platforms about NASCAR ’14. Our dev team have worked very hard to address all the issues raised by customers. We will still be contacting some individually about one or two issues all others have been found, fixed and will be included in the upcoming patch.

As well as those already identified we can confirm the planned patch will include fixes for:

• The Joey Logano challenge
• Issue with pitting from turns 3 & 4 at Richmond
• Writing last name on windshields
• Using various wheels with custom paint schemes
• Force feedback from some wheels experienced by some players

The patch has moved into final testing, including some community beta testing of the new format chase and qualifying formats, and we will be making a submission soon. We’ll keep you updated with progress and dates at regular intervals. For those who have experienced issues we apologise and thank you for your patience and continued feedback.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
This game has so much potential. Hopefully they remedy the crazy AI drivers and the way they railroad you every chance they get.

If not, this one is going back to Gamestop.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NASCAR '14 Patch Moves to Final Testing Phase, More Details Included

It's amazing that the first patch actually made the AI worse. It's really an unplayable game on single player because the AI is so bad. It is completely oblivious to the human player, and you'll see a pack of 4-5 wide cars stay tightly packed for 10 laps. Plus, you can't even get a successful restart without turning on the traction control. I agree, the game has a TON of potential, but it has serious issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I waiting for the patch before trying single player mode. Hopefully they get it right for once. That's ok I got The Show to keep me busy.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
It's amazing that the first patch actually made the AI worse. It's really an unplayable game on single player because the AI is so bad. It is completely oblivious to the human player, and you'll see a pack of 4-5 wide cars stay tightly packed for 10 laps. Plus, you can't even get a successful restart without turning on the traction control. I agree, the game has a TON of potential, but it has serious issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On restarts..wait to hit the gas until the screen reads 'Go'..you'll have some success then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof21
On restarts..wait to hit the gas until the screen reads 'Go'..you'll have some success then.
Exactly! It's all about timing.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for that tip, guys. I was holding it around 1/4 throttle (which, of course is the intuitive thing to do given that the restarts begin with the throttle down).

Good to know that is the solution, as arcadey as it may be. They still have to fix the horrendous railroading 4 or 5-wide AI though. It's comical how tightly packed the cars stay and because they don't spread out, you really can't even race them in any kind of realistic fashion.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

I went over to the website for this game and it said 4 to 5 weeks before the patch would be out. So we still have at least a month it sounds like before the game is fixed. Back to The Show!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »