Home

MXGP Review (PC)

This is a discussion on MXGP Review (PC) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MXGP Review (PC)

If dangerous speeds, challenging rivals, plausible physics and deadly collisions are necessary parts of a functioning motorsport simulation, then MXGP is a stranded machine, stuck at the starting line with a set of flat tires.

Read More - MXGP Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MXGP Review (PC)

Strangest thing I've ever experienced on here. I agree with almost everything he wrote, but it bothers me far less than him, I guess. I really dig the game and still have fun racing it, but mostly because I enjoy the rhythm of cruising around the track in first person camera.

Definitely too easy, definitely weird "warp after wrecking" stuff, and the jumps are a bit too floaty, but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does Jayson. I think it's a bunch better than the MX vs. ATV floatiness, and they probably had to make some concessions for "fun" vs. "realism" for the average gamer.

I know everybody gets wrapped up in numbers, but I'd consider it far better than a 5.5, even though the text pretty much matches his score. Like I said, strangest thing for me ever. I see the flaws, and yet it's a total blast for me.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
I would rate this game in the 7.5-8.0 range.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
I think all in all this is a solid game. What can't be ignored is that a company developing what is quite a niche game doesn't have the luxury of a massive budget to play with.
It's hard to argue with the comments in the review but as TCrouch states how much these affect you is quite an individual thing.
The Online issue is pretty unforgivable but thankfully I'm an Offline gamer only.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been playing the demo for the past few days. I received the full game in the mail today. I think this game is excellent. I'm a huge MX / SX fan, I used to ride back in the late 70's. This game does a good job portraying the sport. I give it a solid 8 out of 10 and that may go up as I play more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, honestly, in my opinion, this was a very poor review of a great game.

I'll post my review and also compare it to the games everyone will always compare it to...MVA...in a separate post.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
Rookie

eagletal88's Arena

OVR: 1
Yeah I personally have it at a 8.5.

Great foundation for hopefully a annual series.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Personally, I'm not very happy that this review was posted. The problem is the gaming world is starving for MX games. Compared to most genres, we MX fans have next to nothing. And then when we do get a game...a very good one at that...a very reputable site like OS puts a less than favorable review up although most on the forum rank it much higher, thus shining another dark cloud on the MX genre. These reviews affect sells and in this case I think it was harshly done. As a MX fan, it bums me out as this game is deserving a very high score for bringing so much new to the MX gaming genre. Plus it is a blast to play as TCrouch mentioned.

Just wish it wouldn't get such a negative review. It deserves better and reviews like these will for sure not help in getting a sequel or more MX games.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this review represents OS which does have a lot of pull in the gaming community.

If you want a more positive take on this EXCELLENT game please check out my review and tips and thoughts on the thread I posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »