Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Trailer

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Trailer within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
I want it! Too bad I sold my Sega 15 years ago
Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDuck
Looking forward to this. People need to realize this isn't meant to be a sim or competition to the Show. It's hoping to be a call-back to the old arcade style RBI Baseball from the early 90's. If it's close to that then I'm sold.
Well, yeah, but why the $15 price gap?

Is there something about the iOS version we don't know about?

Wasn't RBI said to be relatively realistic as opposed to, say, Bases Loaded or Baseball Stars? Obviously, that's not the draw, but it wasn't just a 10-9 score type game either? I never played RBI - stuck mostly to the other two (especially Baseball Stars, which I still play), so I don't have any firsthand knowledge.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #19
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Probably worth $6... nothing more than that.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Well, yeah, but why the $15 price gap?

Is there something about the iOS version we don't know about?

Wasn't RBI said to be relatively realistic as opposed to, say, Bases Loaded or Baseball Stars? Obviously, that's not the draw, but it wasn't just a 10-9 score type game either? I never played RBI - stuck mostly to the other two (especially Baseball Stars, which I still play), so I don't have any firsthand knowledge.
I'm not in the know, either, but maybe the price gap is because they will add more additional extra's to the console versions. One article states that there is a good chance they add multi-player by the summer.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Could be many reasons for the price gap. Not the least of which could be that its priced based on what the customers of each platform are accustomed to paying.

Other things to consider is that it costs $100 to be a registered iOS developer and nothing for Android. It costs many tens of thousands of dollars to be registered and for each submission to Microsoft and Sony.

Console also has to support two player local play, which requires specialized code, testing, and debugging.

And there are the rumors that online multiplayer is indeed in the works. $20 on console seems pretty cheap to me. Not sure why all the hate.

Also, to ME, this seems like a cheap console game ported to mobile, not the other way around. There is nothing like this on mobile. And MLBAM's other mobile titles would not really fly on consoles. When you consider that the originals were for CONSOLES, then this is clearly console-style gameplay. Just from a different era.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »