Home

10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

This is a discussion on 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

WhatCulture has posted their top 10 list of things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil does better than FIFA 14. The list includes such things as faster gameplay, better reaction to balls, better goalkeepers, realism, headers, set pieces and more.

Based off of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil demo, which was released last week, how much of this article do you agree with?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
What I have a hard time understanding is how the game is considered faster "with the end result being end-to-end football, stuffed with blink and you’ll miss it action" and more realistic. Scoring constantly via counter attack isn't realistic nor is pressing down the pitch each possession realistic. Teams hold up play they pass back. I was not thrilled with the demo. The supposed improved goal keeping gave up goals on anything near the net for the cpu and the CPU keepers appeared to be brick walls. As for "real managers" they were included in 2010.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

Lame. FIFA 14 is too slow and boring? You can't be serious.

I guess FIFA is taking a step back to appease gamers who probably don't enjoy watching actual soccer. They sure as hell won't enjoy the slow, possession oriented style we will at the real World Cup.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Faster = cheesefest and arcadey
Old 04-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
The world cup demo is 10 times better than fifa 14. I personally thought fifa 14 was the worst fifa in the last 10 years. The goalie play, and headers are big time improvements. Very enjoyable gameplay.

I am as disappointed as anybody that this game is not on next gen, but don't hate on the game that is out on current gen because it is a pretty good game of soccer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

In reading that article it has the underlying implication that its dumbed down for everyone thus better. Not sure I agree that's the way to go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yausser1017
The world cup demo is 10 times better than fifa 14. I personally thought fifa 14 was the worst fifa in the last 10 years. The goalie play, and headers are big time improvements. Very enjoyable gameplay.

I am as disappointed as anybody that this game is not on next gen, but don't hate on the game that is out on current gen because it is a pretty good game of soccer.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I sold my next gen FIFA 14 because I would rather play FIFA 12 and now I'm really looking forward to this one!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really do have to disagree with the faster = better argument as well. 14 on PS4 was a much more enjoyable experience, methodical pace does not equal boring. You feel like you are playing something meaningful and not FIFA Street. When I played the demo for World Cup 14 my first match felt like it was at light speed. The graphics are such a degradation in comparison to PS4, so sad that they aren't bringing anything to current gen. After turning the game to slow game speed i was able to control my offense and defense, get solid runs developed and progress through a game that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »