Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 First Impressions

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 First Impressions within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Without stat tracking or franchise mode, there is nothing here for me. I'll pass (and this from a 360 gamer with no alternative)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I must admit I'm enjoying it more than I thought. The fielding does suck, throw to the wrong base constantly and AI runners always advance(I found the pad actually works better than the stick in this situation) The rapid pace is a plus I play a game in less time than it takes to set up my options in MLB 14.
I know this is the reincarnation of RBI but to me this game looks and plays like Tecmo Super Baseball, of course that game saved stats.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_Man81
The CPU dives for you
This is really lame. The reason I had any interest at all for this game, is to get back that feeling of total player control that's lost with modern sports games.

No full manual fielding kills it for me, cause with a game like this, it's all about the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #12
Rookie

The first RBI was perfect, the next ones I never got into playing. Less was more, I was hoping they would make it exactly like the first RBI.

The good about the new game, simple fun game play. I like that you only have four pitchers and four bench. Great to have to worry about tiring a pitcher. They should give more options, let us choose the four, however, make two relives and two starters. Not 3 starters and 1 reliever.

RBI could be a great online game, shame we probably won't get another version. The developers probably had a low budget and won't make much off this because it needs more. Give online, more depth with roster, more options. And my guess, get rid off the cheap home run cut scene. Just have it say home run or something simple. Not some stupid guy hitting a ball. At least let us turn it off. Anyway just put more time into making this game. Maybe and editor create a team or player mode also. Why not a home run derby or mini games. In event they should stay true to the first RBI but also expand on it.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #13
Rookie

I've played a few games on the iPhone 4. The game plays great, until you have to try and hit with a runner on first or third base. The added window makes the frame rate drop off just enough that it's almost impossible to hit the ball. I've consistently gotten the lead off man on base, and struck out with the next three hitters. Maybe a future update could work on that drop off.

It also may be time for an upgrade.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Not a fan on the IPad version (though just $5). One star out of five.

-fielding controls are slow and unpredictable
-can't choose AI uniform
-must play entire game (can't switch to another APP and come back)
-hitting is meh
-no stats
-stadiums all the same? Kauffman and The Cell are identical
-fielding camera in outfield not usable

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »