Home

The Crew Launches in Autumn 2014, New Gameplay Trailer Released - A Car MMORPG?

This is a discussion on The Crew Launches in Autumn 2014, New Gameplay Trailer Released - A Car MMORPG? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Crew Launches in Autumn 2014, New Gameplay Trailer Released - A Car MMORPG?

Ubisoft is launching The Crew this Autumn and it sounds pretty good, according to this write up from IGN. The creative director stated, "This is an MMORPG that just so happens to feature cars."

Quote:
The Crew’s ability to let you seamlessly zoom out the camera to a view of the entire country, scroll over to any area you want, and zoom back down to find your car right there is incredible. Dozens of major cities are represented in the game, along with a ton more smaller bergs across the country. Ubisoft claims that it takes a few hours to drive from Los Angeles to New York City, and honestly, I believe them. I also really appreciated that despite the cities obviously being truncated, they still maintained the flavor of their real-world counterparts. From the sun-baked neighborhoods of Miami to the barren industrial yards of Detroit to bombing up and down hills in San Francisco, each city had a unique look, feel, and tone.

Check out the full press release below.

Ubisoft Announces the Crew to Launch in Autumn 2014, Releases Worldwide Premiere Gameplay Trailer

Ubisoft announced that The Crew (see the new screenshots here) will be available this fall for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC.

The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving game that takes gamers on an exhilarating ride throughout a massive, open-world recreation of the United States, brimming with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.

The Crew’s worldwide premiere gameplay trailer shows four cars, each with different tuning specs and riding in an iconic region of the United States, forming a crew to continue their journey together across the living, breathing open-world.

From April 8th, players will be able to win exclusive rewards through the Golden Plates treasure hunt. Golden Plates are license plates hidden within the game assets (screenshots, trailers, etc.) that have already been revealed or that will be revealed until the launch of The Crew. At launch, submitting the license plate code into the dedicated website hub will unlock in-game rewards, goodies and mystery rewards.

The Crew is now available for pre-order in two different editions for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Limited Edition will grant early access to rides that will prepare gamers for any road—and off-road—conditions. Players who pre-order this edition will receive early access to the BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Mini Cooper S, and Dodge Ram SRT-10 and their respective sets of full custom and performance parts. The Muscle Edition, which can only be pre-ordered at GameStop, will include all early unlock content from the Limited Edition and will also grant exclusive early access to the 2015 Ford Mustang GT. Both Editions include 10,000 bonus Crew Credits. Players can pre-order The Crew for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at their local retailers.

For more information on The Crew, please visit thecrewgame.com.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
i hope its worth the wait
Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Don't care for the lighting in this game. No purchase.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
The sun is always setting in day pics, making it look hazy. Programmers trick for draw distance?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I have been so pumped for this game but this trailer now makes me a bit cautious -- I had high expectations and am now worried I'll be disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
The sun is always setting in day pics, making it look hazy. Programmers trick for draw distance?
I think it was simply to show the lighting in the game versus using a high noon look that people would probably say looked 'too bright' or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »