Home

10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

This is a discussion on 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
What a god-awful "review." A rewrite of EA marketing BS by someone who knows nothing about football.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I sold my next gen FIFA 14 because I would rather play FIFA 12 and now I'm really looking forward to this one!
You are joking right?

Fifa 12 didn't have any first-touch error or momentum physics. The AI was garbage compared to next-gen.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Lame. FIFA 14 is too slow and boring? You can't be serious.

I guess FIFA is taking a step back to appease gamers who probably don't enjoy watching actual soccer. They sure as hell won't enjoy the slow, possession oriented style we will at the real World Cup.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Go ahead and watch my the goal I just uploaded to Youtube that was scored from the run of play using Gonira's legendary settings, on Slow speed:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #12
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0

Realistic? REALLY? No way! This game is as arcadey as those SNK football games for the neo geo/arcade. Really, it is the worst game witha a FIFA name on the cover i ever played, and i play this thing since the first one on the sega megadrive/genesis.

If this is realistic, call of duty is a military simulator
Old 04-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I honestly feel that if you are more than a casual FIFA player (i.e. you enjoy tactical, intelligent build-up play, or slow in casual terms) you can't take the World Cup releases seriously. I think of them as a cheap way for EA to pad their war chest with a novel offering.

I recognized the WC releases for what they were with the release of FIFA '12. When I was younger my cousin and I would play the WC releases all the time and he would destroy me. Then I started playing the annual releases more regularly and got better. A few years ago I played my cousin again in FIFA '12 and crushed him. He complained about the game being to slow and said FIFA WC 10 was better. I got a hold of a copy, he played a little batter, and crushed I him in that as well. We haven't played since.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #14
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I honestly feel that if you are more than a casual FIFA player (i.e. you enjoy tactical, intelligent build-up play, or slow in casual terms) you can't take the World Cup releases seriously. I think of them as a cheap way for EA to pad their war chest with a novel offering.

I recognized the WC releases for what they were with the release of FIFA '12. When I was younger my cousin and I would play the WC releases all the time and he would destroy me. Then I started playing the annual releases more regularly and got better. A few years ago I played my cousin again in FIFA '12 and crushed him. He complained about the game being to slow and said FIFA WC 10 was better. I got a hold of a copy, he played a little batter, and crushed I him in that as well. We haven't played since.
I would like to see a video of Fifa 14 with tactical build-up play and real possession game by the cpu (or human player). Ofc there is none. Most gamers think that playing the game on slow speed/manual controls makes it a "Sim" right away despite the major flaws everywhere.
Centre zone battles are nowhere to be found. What EA provides is a fest of standing tackles from both sides. This is not football.The core gameplay is arcade and some "sim fans" try to fix it with the sliders. But this is not NBA2k14 or The Show where the core game is closer to the real sport and with the sliders provided someone can have an almost perfect simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »