Home

MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #17
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard)

Quote:
I saw... a ball ricocheting off Matt Cain’s leg only to be barehanded by (a now slimmer-looking) Pablo Sandoval as he gunned the runner out at first

At least he didn't say that the ball ricocheted off Matt Cain's leg and then Cain, without missing a beat, ran down the ball at full sprint and fired the ball to 1st for the out. I saw that happen way too often on 13.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
You can continue to bury your head and be naive that online isnt an issue for now 6 years and with those issues implement a mode in online franchise where functional/stable online is paramount where to a lot of people it has failed and this year on ps3 is much of the same if not worse
He's brand new here. The odds are he has no idea there have been issues with The Show's online stability. I've never played The Show on PS3. Had I not been getting on these boards the last 4-5 months to check out new PS4 info, I wouldn't have known about them either. Being naive about online issues when you've never heard about them before is a pretty good excuse, if you ask me.

Anyway, on topic: I usually gloss over these write ups by si.com and espn. They're usually 95% stuff we've already heard and seen. Plus, I doubt these guys play as many video games as the staff at OS. They're not looking for anything I care about.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-11-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #19
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
We even added lean animations for baserunners so they don’t look so robotic.
Nice. The running animation was one of my biggest pet peeves of last generation.

Short and speedy shouldn't run the same way as big and slow. Unless they're freaks of nature like Puig.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
You can continue to bury your head and be naive that online isnt an issue for now 6 years and with those issues implement a mode in online franchise where functional/stable online is paramount where to a lot of people it has failed and this year on ps3 is much of the same if not worse

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk
Bury my head... What happened to these forums? It's insane. The absolute vast majority of the negativity has nothing to do with online. In fact I've only seen a small handful of complaints about it so far in the ps4 threads. So that's not what Im talking about. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a head to bury.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I gotta be honest, if this wasn't a PS4 article I would have sworn that Yankee Stadium shot was from the PS3 version.

Some shots have impressed me so much. Others have not in the slightest.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

Man ..do you guys remember all the people saying how NBA2k14 before it launched how it didnt look that much better? I swear so many people were saying this and many people believing them as well! ..that is...UNTIL...people started having time to sit down and give a preview impression of the game in motion....lol and yup ..i believe we are seeing the same thing happening here with MLB The Show as it was with NBA2k14 next gen.

To this day NBA2k14 on next gen is still by far the best looking sports game but i've been saying over at neogaf that MLB The Show is going to triumph it as the best looking next gen sport game!!

Good preview..thanks for sharing
Old 04-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #23
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Man ..do you guys remember all the people saying how NBA2k14 before it launched how it didnt look that much better? I swear so many people were saying this and many people believing them as well! ..that is...UNTIL...people started having time to sit down and give a preview impression of the game in motion....lol and yup ..i believe we are seeing the same thing happening here with MLB The Show as it was with NBA2k14 next gen.

To this day NBA2k14 on next gen is still by far the best looking sports game but i've been saying over at neogaf that MLB The Show is going to triumph it as the best looking next gen sport game!!

Good preview..thanks for sharing
In the player model department, no...But as an overall package with the ball parks...AB-SO-LUTELY.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: King of Swing: Why ‘MLB 14: The Show’ is PS4’s Hottest Sports Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I feel like this article is just hype, none of the features described (besides the graphics and new animations) are specific to the PS4. Also, once again that false statement of 1,000 fan models. I get it...the PS4 is capable of it...but it's not in the game this year for valid reasons. Despite the valid reasons, it doesn't make it any less annoying when false statements are repeated over and over again. Statements like this are misleading for casual readers.
Regardless...i believe most unbelievers will have a huge plate of crow to eat sitting before them May 6th.

Same things were said about NBA2k14 before it launched on PS4...and yup, they had to eat a huge plate of crow as well lol

Yeah first year games all have flaws and arent up to what they are 2-3 years later in a new console's lifespan but for what its worth....whats being said is we are getting a full fledged MLB The Show with some nice additions to boot along with some greatly enhanced visuals.

I just hate the nitpicking and men that act like women...that bugs me for some odd reason and im not directing it you the person im quoting..its more for some other guys in a few other threads. Give respect were respect is due...and these dev's deserve it!

Last edited by Moegames; 04-12-2014 at 01:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »