Home

The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7
The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions

The PC version of The Golf Club is available now on steam for $29.99, during their early access promotion. On April 24th, the game will be $34.99. Still no word on official release dates for Xbox One or PS4.

There are plenty of impressions of the beta here, thanks to bluengold34_OS, but play a few rounds for yourself and post your impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Highly Realistic Golf Simulation Game - The Golf Club - Tees off Today on Steam Early Access

HB Studios Simulation, Complete with Course Creator and Social Features, Now Available on Steam Early Access for PC

Canadian video game developer, HB Studios, today announced its next generation golf simulation, The Golf Club, is now available on Steam Early Access for PC. The Golf Club features pre-designed courses as well as a Course Creator that allows players to build brand new courses and share them online within seconds. The Golf Club Early Access is available for $29.99, discounted from $34.99 for 7 days. Scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One soon, The Golf Club will redefine the genre across both console and PC platforms. For more information, including a host of instructional videos, please visit the official website here.

“With a heritage deeply rooted in building some of the most fun, intuitive and critically successful sport franchises on the EA Sports label, HB Studios are now excited to roll out the first phase of The Golf Club,” said Jeremy Wellard, President of HB Studios. “With integrated social features, a massive online multiplayer mode and a Course Creator that will provide players with endless challenges, avid golfers and gamers can now access The Golf Club on Steam Early Access.”

The Golf Club is designed for 1 - 4 players locally, (from single player to 4-player sofa play), or in an asynchronous online multiplayer mode that allows players to compete against “live balls” and “ghost balls” from other players. Early Access of The Golf Club comes complete with three modes: stroke play, match play and 4-ball, and no loading times between holes.

The Course Creator allows players to build an unlimited number of golf courses which can then be shared and played with friends online. New courses can be generated in a matter of seconds by selecting a theme (Rural, Alpine or Autumn), terrain features, number of holes and difficulty. Players can then enjoy a full suite of editing tools from changing the time of day to placing hazards and objects to create the ultimate golf challenge. Players can also discover new courses built by friends and the community by filtering through rank and difficulty, as well as interact with new The Golf Club members through the Message Center.

Additional social features enable players to challenge friends and attempt to beat high scores and best their own highest recorded rounds. Add to this a myriad of statistic tracking tools, notifications, challenges and much more, and you have a golf club truly worth joining. The Golf Club was developed with the Unity games development platform.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Rookie

BadKarma's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam

Hm...I was gonna try to hold out for the ps4 version, but dang it, now I want the steam one too. Is it wrong to be thinking about buying the game on both platforms

Old 04-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99

Is there a demo available?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Is there a demo available?
Not that I saw -
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

Arghh- My ATI Radeon HD4800 doesn't support DirectX 11. Looks like I'm SOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Admins... Is there any chance that we can get a separate subforum for the game apart from the golf forum to set up tournaments and not clog up the rest of the golfing stuff with a bunch of threads hosting tournaments etc.

EDIT::

Guys, also, I am gonna put some time into tonight into course editing and playing and hosting a tourney for Early Access!

I will post a thread later tonight with the details and just make a fun friendly opening tournament! More details to come!

EDIT 2::

Just took a quick peek at the menu, showed COMING SOON for tournaments still, I am guessing we cannot do them yet. Hopefully soon. Maybe I am wrong and someone can verify!

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Should this work ok with the game does anyone know?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order-...=operasport-20

It runs Diablo 3 fine on (mostly) high settings...it's 2 years old is why I ask

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Picked up tonight and have a few questions.

1) Is there anyway to speed things up after you've swung like you can in TW?

2) Related to the above, if not, is there a way to force the game to keep running when changing the window focus? For example, if I swing and hit the ball, then switch off the window the game is running in so I can read OS real quick, the game stops and my ball just freezes in mid-air and only when I switch back to the game window does my shot continue. Anyway to change things so that it doesn't freeze and continues to run?

3) Anyway to stop the little zooming in camera shot that happens when you're getting ready to swing again?

Hoping we can speed things up a bit if all we want to do is finish a few holes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »