Home

The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99

Since my PS4 controller does not work in game, I used the mouse.

Very very clunky. When you pull back, it is delayed by about a second before the golfer swings back, very hard to time shots and get power correct.

Tried to use mouse and keyboard for course creator, again, VERY clunky. Got tired of fooling with it after a few minutes.

Luckily, I have my 360 controller at the house when I get back tomorrow. So will give it another go, from what I played, it was fun, they need to get the tour/tourney ASAP, going to be kind of boring just playing stroke play for nothing.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I never researched, so I want to purchase this game - but...are the ball trails in the game or not?

Looking forward to reading through impressions.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #11
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I've had some time to play around and it's really fun to play with so far. I'm using my PS4 controller through the USB cord. Creating courses is pretty fun, and I've got a hole down that reminds me greatly of one of my most favorite par threes. If anybody is looking to re-create a course they are going to be disappointed, but the tools can create some courses that are really neat.

The gameplay is difficult, but I haven't played a golf game in a long time. The swing mechanic is challenging without being too cumbersome, and the putting is definitely a good challenge on sloped greens. I'm really excited about a community forming around this game here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I just want course downloads pretty soon. Hopefully those who got the game can plug in real courses as well as fantasy ones. I played Links 2003 until the bitter end. I'm not doing too well on my first match. +2 after 7 holes. I have direct X 11 and things are smooth as butter on my PC; Alienware Aurora R3, dual core 2.8ghz processors, 6GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 580 w/4GB
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I've had some time to play around and it's really fun to play with so far. I'm using my PS4 controller through the USB cord. Creating courses is pretty fun, and I've got a hole down that reminds me greatly of one of my most favorite par threes. If anybody is looking to re-create a course they are going to be disappointed, but the tools can create some courses that are really neat.

The gameplay is difficult, but I haven't played a golf game in a long time. The swing mechanic is challenging without being too cumbersome, and the putting is definitely a good challenge on sloped greens. I'm really excited about a community forming around this game here.
My PS4 controller will not work... that is weird. I did hook my controller up through bluetooth instead of cable, but surely they does not matter.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #14
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
I love the idea of openness and letting the community come together to make and share customizations. It's wonderful !!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #15
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Also, I love the idea of Early Access on Steam. Allowing the community to shape the game as it's being developed is a great idea. I trust the community immensely and look forward to see what evolves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #16
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
My PS4 controller will not work... that is weird. I did hook my controller up through bluetooth instead of cable, but surely they does not matter.
It could be the issue, although the only game I would use it for is this one. Try using the cable...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »