Home

The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Picked up tonight and have a few questions.

1) Is there anyway to speed things up after you've swung like you can in TW?
No, and it doesn't sound like it's an option they're willing to entertain based on what I've read over the last few months.

Quote:
2) Related to the above, if not, is there a way to force the game to keep running when changing the window focus? For example, if I swing and hit the ball, then switch off the window the game is running in so I can read OS real quick, the game stops and my ball just freezes in mid-air and only when I switch back to the game window does my shot continue. Anyway to change things so that it doesn't freeze and continues to run?
I can't help you with this unfortunately. I just learned yesterday how to recover full screen after the game gets reduced to "windowed" mode following a wireless controller resync. You have to hit Atl-Enter after clicking inside the window. I was having to closed the game via task manager previously, and restarting the game.

Quote:
3) Anyway to stop the little zooming in camera shot that happens when you're getting ready to swing again?
No, not at present. I do know there are going to be some camera presentation options coming. I've been harping about this since the game was announced, along with a number of others. HBS' camera guy "Adam" has given us assurances that we're going to get some more golfer's view perspective presentation options, which might help what you're asking about.

Quote:
Hoping we can speed things up a bit if all we want to do is finish a few holes.
Agreed... I think the game needs some help in this department. There are times when the ball catches a small slope and it takes forever to roll out. I'd love to be able to fast-forward that, particularly when I'm trying to get a round done in under 35 minutes.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I never researched, so I want to purchase this game - but...are the ball trails in the game or not?

Looking forward to reading through impressions.
There's still no options to turn off the ball tracers, nor the ball comet trails. The only thing they have done since the last beta build, is turn off the comet trails on putts, which was absolutely ridiculous looking. I'm pretty sure we're going to get an option to turn tracers and/or trails off before the full release, based on what a couple of the devs have said.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

anyone looking to play online or do a tour on pc?

ill be purchasing this later
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Somebody wanted some more impressions... here's a few specific ones I posted elsewhere:

The swing mechanics are solid, but too easy to execute a perfect shot, at least with my Microsoft Silver Edition wireless 360 controller. I find it hard to deviate from the Y axis enough to get me in trouble on anything more than a putt. It is possible to pull and push putts, thankfully.

They've got it too easy to hit 100% shots right now. Heck, even when I'm trying to hit like a 90% shot, it still gives me 100%. The shot setup screen is giving too much information as you're lofting and delofting the club. You can dial the carry distance down to the yard while adjusting it. The only thing you have to factor in is wind and elevation change. The red "risk cone" shrinks as you make loft/stance adjustments in any direction from default, but I paint the Y axis so consistently, it rarely matters, but when I don't.... woah be unto me! (it's rare though).

They've really neutered the pitching game, IMO. It's too easy to dial in a laser precision pitch shot using the shot setup tool. Pitches stop and in come cases back up on a dime, even from the rough. I rarely fail to get up and down from inside of 50 yards, even from bunkers, using the pitch shot, even from a 70% buried lie! Flop shots are really not needed, punch shots are really the hardest shot to execute in the game :?

TGC is still a work in progress and I'm sure it will continue to be refined. Hey, we've got fringes on the greens now, mostly believable approach shot physics, and semi-playable live play. Can't wait to see this on the PS4 and XB1 though, I don't think I'll ever touch the PC version after that, given my PC isn't anywhere nearly well equipped enough to handle it.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 04-18-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Not sure how you believe the consoles versions will be superior at all.. (Assuming you are meaning that with yor last statement) If you have a good enough pc (and I do), I have it high as it can go and never had an issue besides my Bluetooth controller not working properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
Rookie

RD_Rabin's Arena

OVR: 0

They nearly had my money, until I checked the PC requirements and realised that I only have half the available video ram needed.

Ah well. I'll have to wait for the PS4 version after all.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #23
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Does the game include pre-made courses or is it all user-created/generated?

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Downloading now. God I'm weak...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612