Home

GRID Autosport Announced, Ships June 24th on PC, 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on GRID Autosport Announced, Ships June 24th on PC, 360 & PS3 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: GRID Autosport Announced, Ships June 24th on PC, 360 & PS3

Comparing a next-gen game to a current-gen. Looks like you've made a great point, man.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Game dev interview from gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...oper-interview

Based on their research prior to GRID 2's release they stated that only 5% of their fanbase used cockpit which is why they cut it out. Interesting to see it make a return now..lol (never should have been cut out). TracerB has a point with the screen comparison though. GRID 1 had a great cockpit view and ever since PGR3 dropped it's a priority that any racer I buy have a good cockpit view...Welcome back.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 AM   #11
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Game dev interview from gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...oper-interview

Based on their research prior to GRID 2's release they stated that only 5% of their fanbase used cockpit which is why they cut it out. Interesting to see it make a return now..lol (never should have been cut out). TracerB has a point with the screen comparison though. GRID 1 had a great cockpit view and ever since PGR3 dropped it's a priority that any racer I buy have a good cockpit view...Welcome back.
How does he have a point? The game is coming to next-gen: It's coming on PC's. The first GRID had also a cockpit cam and superb graphics.Wasn't it on PS3/X360?
In addition, dozens of games have been released with HD textures on PC. After all if the game gets a release on next-gen consoles in the future the porting will be easier as the architecture is similar now with PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It isn't coming to next gen consoles and I already posted why in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

another video from eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstXWxv9gl8
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:30 AM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
another video from eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstXWxv9gl8
Awesome video! At long last, it appears the current-gen successor to TOCA 3 is upon us
Old 06-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Bought this early this morning off XBox Live... it is everything I wanted and more. The racing is intense, challenging, and the handling is realistic enough to make give it life! I'm not obsessing over the blurry cockpits like a lot of folks are because honestly, once the car starts rolling, I don't pay attention to the lack of detail and sharpness in the cockpit. There's enough there to give me a sense of my vehicle, and where my space is relative to those around me.

This game truly does finally feel like the next-gen (although it's now current-gen) incarnation of TOCA 3, minus some of the cutie-pie vehicles... no riding lawn mower races here. But dayum.... this game is an absolute blast to race and drive with my Fanatec GT2. Oh, and the online racing is solid also. I'm shickled titless with this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #16
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Bought this early this morning off XBox Live... it is everything I wanted and more. The racing is intense, challenging, and the handling is realistic enough to make give it life! I'm not obsessing over the blurry cockpits like a lot of folks are because honestly, once the car starts rolling, I don't pay attention to the lack of detail and sharpness in the cockpit. There's enough there to give me a sense of my vehicle, and where my space is relative to those around me.

This game truly does finally feel like the next-gen (although it's now current-gen) incarnation of TOCA 3, minus some of the cutie-pie vehicles... no riding lawn mower races here. But dayum.... this game is an absolute blast to race and drive with my Fanatec GT2. Oh, and the online racing is solid also. I'm shickled titless with this game
I was hoping this game would be reminiscent of the toca series. Those games were excellent. I may have to grab this even though Im fully involved in Moto GP 14 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »