Home

EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes

Today EA Sports UFC released details on the game’s career and online modes (video can be seen here). Rising stars in the Ultimate Fighting Championship have proved their worth on The Ultimate Fighter canvas and, for the first time ever in a UFC video game, you can now earn your contract in the famous gym. UFC champions, contenders, and personalities will guide you on the road to greatness, but it’s up to you to hone your skills and adapt your strategy to stand toe-to-toe against the UFC’s best.

Winning the Ultimate Fighter is your ticket to a debut in the UFC and the beginning of a potentially legendary career. Five-round wars will lower career longevity. Spectacular knockouts or decisive victories will raise fan popularity and open doors for sponsorships, new gear and fighter visits from established legends. Fight your way to the title and never let it go.
  • Online Championships – How good are you? It’s time to prove it. Following the format of the most played online experience at EA SPORTS, Online Championship will let you prove how you stack up against the rest of the world. Win enough to climb the ranks of the best players and fight for the belts in the toughest divisions.
  • Online Rivalries – Create a 1-on-1 online rivalry with a friend and answer the question…who is really number one? Each rivalry tracks head-to-head stats for providing an in depth analysis and multiple rivalries are supported simultaneously.
  • FighterNet – Your HUB to track all of your online competition. Track and compare your stats against friends and rivals, share fight highlights, and maybe even have your highlight featured in the Highlights of the Night. Plus, get access to some of the latest UFC content as and when available with the UFC Spotlight feature.
Starting a Career

EA SPORTS UFC is proud to boast a detailed Create a Fighter system that gives users an in-depth opportunity to customize the look and fighting style of the martial artist they’ll be taking into the Octagon. For anyone who wants to put their own face on the line against the sport’s hardest hitters, we’ve also included “Game Face” allowing users to upload their likeness directly into the game.

Fighters can be created in any of the UFC’s eight (8) weight classes and rooted in any of 10 different fighting styles. Based on the fighter you create, you’ll begin the game with set ratings in 24 categories that you can then build up, in addition to purchasing unique skills and moves for you character over the course of your career.

This means that progressing through a career as a Welterweight Boxer will give you a distinctly difference experience than you’ll have as a Featherweight specializing in Tae Kwon Do.

The Ultimate Fighter

Your career starts here. Winning an elimination match will get you drafted to a TUF team. We’ve matched up 13 pairs of real-life rivals to be your coaches, including Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit, Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and many more.

The Ultimate Fighter tournament represents a great chance to hone your skills and adapt to fighting different styles of opponents. Before each TUF bout, your coach will help give you the edge by providing you with a scouting report on your opponent and some last minute advice about the matchup.

Win your way through the tournament and earn yourself a coveted UFC contract and the title of The Ultimate Fighter! This will also get you enough fans to net your first official sponsor – the UFC – whose official gear you’ll then be able to deck yourself out in.

Professional UFC Career

Now that you’re officially on the UFC roster, you’ll be fighting on a series of PPV Under Cards with the goal of moving up to the Main Cards and eventually winning a title.

Your long-term EA SPORTS UFC career is based on two rating systems: Popularity and Longevity. Put on exciting fights and score big finishes to earn fans and watch you popularity rise. Not only will a high popularity rating unlock more sponsors whose gear you can then wear in-game as well as exclusive fighter messages, but it’ll also encourage the UFC’s biggest stars to visit your camp with training tips before important fights.

Fighting recklessly and absorbing too much damage will make your career longevity meter will drop quickly. Like any fighter, you can only get your ticket punched so many times, and when your longevity meter runs out, your fighter’s career is over.

As you train, fight and proceed through your career, you’ll gain:

XP Points: Level up your fighter through 25 levels, unlocking new abilities in three categories – Ground, Standup and Physical – as you go. As you ‘Level Up’, you’ll be given up to three different ‘Game Plans’ with up to five skills each. You can switch between these three pre-sets at any time, based on who your next opponent is and what fighting style they have.

Evolution Points: Can be used towards upgrading your fighter’s Attributes and Moves, allowing you to do things like increase the power in your right hand or lean how to do the Showtime Kick.

In addition to recognizable stars, over 200 CPU generated fighters will be populating the UFC roster with you. All fights that you’re not in are simulated and all CPU fighters are constantly leveling up, purchasing ratings and improving right along with you. Beat a fighter early in your career and face him again later, and you can expect to be going up against an improved more experienced opponent gunning for the same title as you.

Keep winning fights, building your experience and moving up the UFC’s power rankings to earn a title shot. Once you get that belt around your waist, keep defending it and your poster will be hanging alongside Anderson Silva’s in the TUF gym before you know it!

EA Sports UFC hits store shelves on June 17th on Xbox One and PS4, with a demo expected before release.

Source - EA Sports
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 04-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode

Sounds pretty good.

Although, modes like this are something that I will only play once or twice. Honestly, I've never really been into single player MyCareer or MyPlayer type modes. I'm still waiting on a real UFC Universe or MyGM mode. I want something that's deep similar to an Association or Franchise Mode where I can control everything and it tracks belts, records, winning/losing streaks, award winners, etc.

Since this is EA first UFC game, then I don't really expect it this iteration, however each game without this type of mode will remain a disappointment to me.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

OVR: 0
This is exciting for me, as I'm a huge fan of the My Career type mode. It looks promising! Definitely a great looking game.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I do like the idea of longevity though. That is very realistic.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Sounds pretty good.

Although, modes like this are something that I will only play once or twice. Honestly, I've never really been into single player MyCareer or MyPlayer type modes. I'm still waiting on a real UFC Universe or MyGM mode. I want something that's deep similar to an Association or Franchise Mode where I can control everything and it tracks belts, records, winning/losing streaks, award winners, etc.

Since this is EA first UFC game, then I don't really expect it this iteration, however each game without this type of mode will remain a disappointment to me.
Thats what I want a UFC Universe where I can play Joe Silva or Dana White and set up events and track everything. Im not in to career mode. Unless I can play as some of the fellow fighters in the game, I don't care about that mode. I just hope they have cpu vs cpu. I like to watch the computer play sometimes and make my own match ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Im like Jeremy and will only play this mode once but I love the little things that the video showed:

- Toyota Center is another venue in the game.
- Career mode will have fake fighters mixed in with real fighters so that you arent fighting the same guys over and over again.
- Love that you can train with other real fighters.
- Created fighters will have their own sponsor banners (UFC 3 didnt allow this and it always looked stupid)
- Good variety of tattoos and hair.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

So you can only start a Career with a CAP, not with a current UFC fighter?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
So you can only start a Career with a CAP, not with a current UFC fighter?
Probably. Wouldnt make much sense to take Anderson Silva through TUF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »