Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

and in the background a bunch of blacktop courts. Most likely another year were the casual arcade The Park mode returns.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
and in the background a bunch of blacktop courts. Most likely another year were the casual arcade The Park mode returns.

I am pretty sure it will return, but long as the official Crew Mode is back, I am cool with it.

Also, hopefully, they improve The Park, which I am sure they will.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
Haha, I'm trying so hard to convince myself not to read too much into that whole spread up top, but I'd be lying if I said the appearance of all those courts alongside "Your time has come" didn't bum me out a little. I know, I know, I know, we now know 0.00001% of what NBA 2K15 will be all about, but with the 2K14 debacle, a mega playground and another allusion to the singular MyPlayer is not exactly what I wanted to see first.

That said, I like the selection of Kevin Durant as the cover athlete. I just could have gone for him standing on an NBA basketball court with a tagline like, "Simulation is back. Welcome to the future of authenticity" or something equally as corny, pointing toward a The Show-like re-commitment to reality.

I swear, any other year and I'd think it'd be goofy to draw any conclusions from a series of basketball courts in the background.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-06-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am pretty sure it will return, but long as the official Crew Mode is back, I am cool with it.

I doubt the old Crew mode will return, they seem way more interested in pushing more casual friendly arcade modes now such as the Park and Myteam so they can make more money from VC microtransactions.

Even if they improve the Park a little bit next year, it will still be outdoors with limited rules and with casual sliders. Streetball gameplay will never be anywhere close to being SIM like. If people like arcade basketball were all you do is reach 100x a game, dunk and layup over players consistently, and throw unstoppable alley oops all game then thats fine. I just find it extremely boring.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #13
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4

I heard that Milli Vanilli was doing the soundtrack...

Please fix this d#$N game...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter. Please think about making the game fun and making it fun for the users as oppose to sacrificing fun for the sake of realism and simulation. I mean realism and simulation is important but at the end of the day, it should be about fun and gaming.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 05-08-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #15
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

Park mode was already confirmed when they confirmed the nae nae will be in it. I hope they fix the problem so we dont have to wait 30 min to play a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #16
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE IN THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter.
The one thing I'll say about canimation is that a portion of it is 'momentum-based'. You can't really TRULY move wherever you want, however you want, if you want to be truly sim (gambling on D and cutting with low QUI rating must have consequences)...but I know what you mean in regards to dribble defense, gathers, layups, dunks, blocks, and collisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »