Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Now Available For Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Now Available For Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Now Available For Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers

As revealed a couple of weeks ago, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is available now for PS3 gamers, free of charge for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Head on over to the PlayStation Store or queue it up here.

This is a bold move by Konami, who has seen their soccer title fall well behind FIFA in popularity and sales, despite what is a very solid on-the-pitch product. This is a shrewd marketing move which Konami is likely betting on to spur on a surge of popularity for their title heading into their next-gen debut later this year.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
I'm sick and goddamned tired of PS3 users always getting the breaks. What about PS4 users? This is so totally not fair.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I'm sick and goddamned tired of PS3 users always getting the breaks. What about PS4 users? This is so totally not fair.
I don't think they made a PS4 version of PES2014. They will be making a PS4 version of PES2015 however, it's already been announced.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm downloading it so I can see if PES 15 on PS4 is something I'm interested in playing. I've got FIFA 14 PS4 tuned so well, I'm not sure. PES use to be an automatic preorder for me.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4
I understand...but it just seems like these companies are too busy catering to their PS3 console base (witness Road to World Cup 2014 for last-gen only) at the expense of those who bought a PS4/XB1. Why even bother creating a next-gen console if you're never gonna release games in a reasonable fashion for it, or with crappy load times vs. PS3 versions? I feel it's an increasing issue and somebody's got to address it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Banned

Bwhahaha this game sucks! Game can't fade FIFA........ever!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I understand...but it just seems like these companies are too busy catering to their PS3 console base (witness Road to World Cup 2014 for last-gen only) at the expense of those who bought a PS4/XB1. Why even bother creating a next-gen console if you're never gonna release games in a reasonable fashion for it, or with crappy load times vs. PS3 versions? I feel it's an increasing issue and somebody's got to address it.
You can't blame the game companies. It's just good business. There's not nearly as many next-gen consoles in people's homes worldwide. Not even close. Why pour money into a next-gen World Cup game, when you're going to make a killing with the current gen version anyway. Again...Worldwide. Save it for FIFA 15.

Early adopters will always get the stick as far as games go. The amount of time required to develop for a new system, let alone build a new engine and do it in the 1 year sports-game development cycle is just too much to bear, so you either make a lot of concessions to wow people with your next-gen game, or you touch it up as best you can and devote majority of resources to the following dev cycle.

I think NBA 2k14 still set the next-gen sports game bar. But it cost them at the same time since the rushed development and putting their eggs in those baskets frustrated fans about, what felt to most, as a current-gen rehash of last years, and the next-gen owners got their joy smited by oversight on nickel and diming consumers with VC and forcing server-based saves among other issues.

The lesson, I guess? Patience. Always patience.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Not sure how this is an insult to PS4 owners. I don't think it's a good strategy to dump your existing loyal consumer base. The PS4 hasn't even been out for a year yet, there simply isn't the volume of games out yet to be offering them for free. They will come with time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »