Home

MLB 14 The Show: First Impressions (Video)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: First Impressions (Video) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Having had the game since Saturday, I've had the chance to play some games and get into RTTS. It is a very well played game. Since I can't comment much on graphics, I'll base this little review on what I can notice. First, the gameplay itself is basicly unchanged from 13, this isn't a bad thing, it plays very smooth and is a great representation of the game we all love. The main area I've always taken issue is of course the commentary. I'm sure in years to come, we'll get a vast improvement. That's not to say it's bad, far from it. All-in-all, its a ton of fun to play, and the added feature of live streaming takes it to another level. Some of you might have been watching my stream the other day, when I took a perfect game into the 8th. That added specter of 500 people watching me as I tried to make history makes it even more enjoyable. Having play-by-play back in RTTS was a must, and I'm glad it's back.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Nice read. Would have a question for you Chris. Is the crowd, the feeling in the game, the crowd and the playing field better than NBA 2K14 for you?
They're different sports with different atmospheres. Both are pretty good -- really The Show I didn't feel there was THAT much of a difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions, it's really a similar feeling I got with NBA 2K14 as far as the atmosphere went. Think both titles are comparable in that regard.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
They're different sports with different atmospheres. Both are pretty good -- really The Show I didn't feel there was THAT much of a difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions, it's really a similar feeling I got with NBA 2K14 as far as the atmosphere went. Think both titles are comparable in that regard.
Chris I know Madden 25 and MLB 14 are completely different sports but graphically which is better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #12
Banned

I really like the lighting and the shadows when you play a day game,the transition is very gradual and it looks awesome! I haven't had a chance to play a night game,so I haven't seen that transition yet,the devs we're saying the night games when it turns dark completely looks really good a lot better then ps3 night games. Does anybody know if it looks better at night then the ps3 version at night? They said colors really pop during a night game and I think they said night games didn't have the faded washed out look,like the ps3.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show: First Impressions (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I really like the lighting and the shadows when you play a day game,the transition is very gradual and it looks awesome! I haven't had a chance to play a night game,so I haven't seen that transition yet,the devs we're saying the night games when it turns dark completely looks really good a lot better then ps3 night games. Does anybody know if it looks better at night then the ps3 version at night? They said colors really pop during a night game and I think they said night games didn't have the faded washed out look,like the ps3.
Yes night games look miles better on the PS4.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #14
Banned

That's cool I can't wait, it looks fun, but I still can't download.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #15
Banned

That's cool I can't wait, it looks fun, but I still can't download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm happy to have a new Show, and maybe it's my TV, and it is more fluid, but this is no generational jump.

The grass looks like carpet (except on replays and cut scenes). The players look the same -- maybe slightly more in focus-- to me. The new hair looks terrible, anyone with a beard or long hair looks like a Chia-Pet. And the crowd, while more varied, has the same sort of movement and rhythm as last year.

I'm sorry, maybe my expectations were too high, but I am incredibly disappointed in the ps4 version. I still love the game but this is just a very very slightly brushed up version of last year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »