Home

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Details Revealed within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Details Revealed

PlayStation.Blog has revealed the details of the PlayStation Plus edition of Driveclub. The video breaks down the differences between the full version of the game and the PlayStation Plus edition.

Users that have an active PlayStation Plus subscription will be able to download the PS+ edition of the game, which will feature 11 tracks (India location), 10 cars and access to all game modes. From there, you can purchase the full game for $49.99 featuring 5 locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as you keep your PlayStation Plus subscription active.

Driveclub is set to release on October 7th, exclusively on the PlayStation 4.

Source - PlayStation.Blog
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
The purchase is only good as long as you're a member? That's different than other purchases via PS+. Usually discounted games are still yours even if your sub lapses. Would hate to lose this game just because I forgot to add a new card.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerSteak
The purchase is only good as long as you're a member? That's different than other purchases via PS+. Usually discounted games are still yours even if your sub lapses. Would hate to lose this game just because I forgot to add a new card.
I have a problem with paying $50 for something that is completely conditional on you having membership.

Why not allow limited access? I mean you get 1/6 of the game for free, then pay 50 for the other 5/6 but can only ever access the full game when you are a PS+ member?

I mean I never intend on letting my PS+ membership expire so I would never be locked out of the other 5/6, but that won't be the case for everyone.

There should be anohter option to pay for the rest of the title if you wish to let your PS+ membership lapse.

As it is I'll download this game but if I like it I'll either buy it, or wait until it goes on sale. I'm not a big fan of racing games, and certainly won't be putting myself in a scenario where I could potentially pay $50 for something and not have access to it.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Details Revealed

This will change soon. Sony (I hope) knows better and will fix it immediately. Even though the delay has tempered my hype, I should still cop in the end.
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
Two problems with this:

1) I understand free games lapsing on PS+...but to essentially pay full price for a game and it hinge on your willingness to keep renewing your PS+ leaves a bad taste. People can argue its similar to the MMO model, but in that model I still have the game even if I do not decide to renew my monthly subscription.

2) Sony made a huge deal of saying Drive Club was "Free" with PS+. While technically a bulked up Demo is, this is a far cry from what was originally promised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #6
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Ehh.. either way I'm happy. I wouldn't normally buy this will but there's enough there to play a few races every now and then. I'll gladly take whatever it ends up being, a full game or just a demo on steroids.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13
I am confused by this game a little bit. Is there a single player offline mode? If not, wouldn't you have to have PS+ to play it anyway?

I do agree though, if owning the game hinges on a sub, it should be much cheaper, or free, or you should be able to unlock other areas in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »