Home

NHL 15 Interview with Lead Producer Sean Ramjagsingh Reveals a Few More Details

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Interview with Lead Producer Sean Ramjagsingh Reveals a Few More Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
We need coop season like in FIFA. Or make EASHL team play with real NHL team. You need to get on the bench to switch to 2nd line rw etc or you get tired very fast....
Old 05-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Interview with Lead Producer Sean Ramjagsingh Reveals a Few More Details

How can physics be the talking point every single year? like literally. whens the last time they didnt come out and talk physics? give me a break rammer.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 15 Interview with Lead Producer Sean Ramjagsingh Reveals a Few More Details

Improve Be A GM. That mode is lacking and is garbage right now. **** rest of this BS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enice128
its so frustrating NYR fan to see it say & play in Ny arena...not MSG! cannot wait for the custom arenas similar to games like madden, mlb, nba, etc! and stoked for the new commentary team w doc & eddie 0.but i wished they added pierre since he's part of that 3 man team. between the the benches hopefully! and w the ps4 upgrades being way more than the ps3 version I'm solo glad i upgraded.....IF this all holds up & is true!!!
I think he kinda hinted why Ray and not Pierre. He said Ray was a phone call away from adding additional content. So maybe they will be updating the color throughout the year. Pierre,for the most part, only calls the East Coast. It could have to do with his boyfriend Crosby not letting him go west, that is just a rumor. So if Ray means new commentary through updates I am in.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #13

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't even want to listen to any interview with this guy, he lies so much in these interviews and misleads people every single year. He was the guy who directly blamed the users for why penalties are rare in NHL games(even though in it's 20 year history,all but 3-4 of them have had no problems with amount of penalties called,and for the most part(up to NHL11),they've all looked mostly realistic too instead of phantom calls(3 of every 4 penalties called are "phantom calls") which result in interference or roughing or something(as seen in NHL games the past 2-3 years))
Old 05-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

With hockey and baseball being my two favorite sports by a long shot, I have an embarrassment of luxuries while playing MLB:TS. It's just amazing from top to bottom(I don't play online). While I have gotten the same pre-release hype from the last 6 years from the NHL team. Only to have a game that does very little to mimic an actual game of hockey. Seriously, at this point I don't care about any of their bullet points, or whatever this years catch word is. Stop talking, and just make a hockey game that plays great(and mimics a real NHL game in some semblance), looks realistic, and sounds good. It shouldn't be that hard by this point. The same team has worked on the game for like 8 years.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
I'm clearly in the very obvious minority on these boards who finds this game quite good and with a proper slider set, can play a relatively realistic game of hockey.

Obviously, I'd love to see more individuality and separation of skills (especially when it comes to handling the puck) and a few things about the A.I. bother me too. But aside from baseball, which is a much more static sport compared to hockey, basketball and football, these issues affect all the major sports games. Even NBA 2K with its kajillion signature animations has issues of how teams actually play on the court, often times play style not matching the roster all that great.

I'd love to, above all else, see revamped presentation (which it seems we're getting) a less isolated BAGM (feels like you're playing a text sim sometimes with all the menus) and thirdly, more separation of skill and I'll be happy as can be with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

The biggest thing that scares the crap out of me is this. "We’re seeing goalies try new desperation saves because the puck hits them and starts trickling across the goal line and they need to react to that."

This could ruin the goaltending system in this game even more. The desperation saves in the game already make me sick. Goalies IRL don't make desperation saves all that often, but the way EA talks about it is they happen all of the time. Goalies in the NHL are the best for a reason. They are pretty much always in the correct position. They talk about how the physics are taking animations out of the game for the players and puck. How about goalies? Are you working on that? As in the part of the game that looks and plays the worst and has been the exact same foundation since 07. I have a feeling the goalies are copied over from current gen with the way they keep talking about seeing saves they didn't even know existed. I truly hope I'm wrong but something tells me I'm not.

I have a little bit of hope but as people have said, they have been feeding us the same stuff for years and nothing has really changed. Instead they end up scrapping what they did the year prior to rebuild it from the ground up again.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 05-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »